Wednesday, November 26, 2008

An Apple A Day...Bah Humbug!

Yeah, so, what has Lydee been up to? 

Attacking and defending herself against every known disease to man!
Not quite that bad, but perhaps against every disease going around our school building, and losing, pitifully losing.
  • Strep throat? Check
  • Nasty cold with deep hacking cough that won't go away, limiting how much one can sing, and sending the art teacher to go get chest x-rays? Check. (the singing part is kinda vital to teaching music. I sing, stop, cover my mouth, hack-hack-hack. sing again, try to sing through it. stop, give in to spasms of coughs, hack-hack-hack... that's been my past 3 weeks). hubby's going to the dr. for that today. could be walking pneumonia? 
  • typical cold turing into sinus thing? Check.
  • Pink eye? got that one covered, both my girls and myself, Check.
The pink eye, in fact, I have right now, at this very moment. Bibi had it first. Emmy got it a week later, along with all the other students at her table, and her classroom teacher. And yesterday, during a pleasant outing to find new christmas ornaments, I wiped my eye, and yes, pus. Yuck, yuck, yuck! 

Frantic call to the drs: 
Me: I have pink eye, both my daughters had it. can you call in a script? [figuring they're busy and all.]

Nurse: it's not our policy to call in a prescription until we've seen you. it could be anything.

me: I know it's pink eye (describe symptoms), both my daughter have had it, it's going around the school I work at.

Nurse: we need to see you first. Unfortunately [evil laugh] we don't have any appts available today...or tomorrow...or thurs. and fri. because we're closed. Maybe I could talk to your dr. who's your dr?....well, she won't be back till the first week of dec. 

Me: I can't go to work with pink eye [never mind that I have the whole week off, I can't go to my mother's house on thur. with pink eye!]

Nurse: well, I'll talk to some of the drs here; maybe one of them will call in a script for you.

Me: Thanks. [auuuugh.]

They did call it in, thank goodness. Same nurse called me back, sweet as pie. 

And so...I hope I don't have pneumonia...auuuurrgh. 



5 comments:

sophanne November 26, 2008 at 9:40 AM  

"we can't call it in until we see you"
"we can't see you."

"we can't call it in until we see you"
"we can't see you."

"we can't call it in until we see you"
"we can't see you."

aargh

Anonymous November 26, 2008 at 9:53 AM  

Pink eye... *shudder* Brings back memories. That and head lice. *shudder more*

I'm glad they called in your scrip. So annoying.

Patty November 26, 2008 at 2:11 PM  

Ew, pink eye. Yet to have that one. Here's hoping you feel better soon!

Lydee November 26, 2008 at 5:09 PM  

yes sophanne! it's like some sad, sick little song! (pardon the pun), lol

Yarnhog December 3, 2008 at 1:12 PM  

That drives me freakin' crazy. I have chronic UTI's and I know better than any doctor when I have one. You'd think, after 50 times or so, the doctor would be willing to just call in the damned script, but no! Each time, I have to beg for an appointment, drag myself to the office, wait (in agony) to see the doctor, pee in a cup, and then wait to hear, "Yes, you appear to have an infection," (NO DUH!) before they will give me a prescription. If it's the office visit fee they want, I'd be happy to pay it over the phone!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Hmm, seems somewhat redundant. I'm a mom of 2 lovely ladies. I'm the wife of a triathlete machine. I'm a general music teacher in a public school. I like to take pictures of things, especially things i consider beautiful. I like to share. As long as it isn't food. Enjoy!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP