Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Snow Day!

Lots and lots of snow days, actually. And more snow is on it's way...

Photobucket

Emmy, posing in the snow :-)


So, I've been cooking, and sketching, and completing assignments for an independent course. Of course, i waited till the last minute to take a course to renew my teaching certificate, but these snow days have been a blessing. I'm almost halfway done with the course, yea!

The course was supposed to be an art course, but it's more of a craft course, so being left unfulfilled in the creativity category, I turned to writing and sketching. My sketching is heh, but that's why I want to learn! I discovered that it's hard to sketch snow with a pencil, but had fun trying!

Photobucket

Pictures I took to sketch from

Someone abandoned their red "monster truck" on our road (narrow, one lane road) so I was inspired to write this haiku as my facebook status:

Monster Truck on road
Neighbors cannot drive past you
Driving skills frozen??

Photobucket

This is not the "monster truck" but DH got the truck stuck at the end of our driveway

The abandoned monster truck cracked me up because it's like 10 feet above the snow.

Photobucket

More snowy pictures to draw from...

Bracing for more snow, yea!

3 comments:

Little Brother February 10, 2010 at 5:40 AM  

How much snow did you guys get? We got 17-19 inches, and I managed to create a sled trail down our hill!

nurmisur February 11, 2010 at 9:47 AM  

Long time no see.Guess you've been having fun with your drawing.
The haiku is nice :)

Haley February 18, 2010 at 12:23 AM  

glad you enjoyed your snow days. my family in virginia got buried in snow too. we actually got about 5 inches here in texas and it was fun. fun to see your pics!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Hmm, seems somewhat redundant. I'm a mom of 2 lovely ladies. I'm the wife of a triathlete machine. I'm a general music teacher in a public school. I like to take pictures of things, especially things i consider beautiful. I like to share. As long as it isn't food. Enjoy!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP