Sunday, October 5, 2008

Halloween Contest

Sophanne is holding a contest! Memoirs of your favorite halloween costume.


My mom and dad, ever the creative ones, dressed me up as a christmas present when I was 5 years old. There were lights on my package that were wired to light up (a big deal in 1983). I marched in our town's Halloween parade and won 1st place in some category. We all got our pictures in the paper. I'm the one on the left. 


Here's me before the parade.



The following year, my aunt sewed a pilgrim's costume for me. I entered the parade again, but didn't win anything! I loved the pilgrim costume too though and I still own it! It's worn though from years of dress up. (My mom sewed the turkey.) 


Anyhow, these are some of my favorite costumes! 


7 comments:

sophanne October 5, 2008 at 8:37 AM  

wOwza! That is adorable! You look so cute. Thanks for hunting down and sharing the photos.

Miss T October 5, 2008 at 12:24 PM  

Oh, those are great!

Mary Kathryn October 5, 2008 at 1:59 PM  

hmmmm... that's going to be tough to beat. what great costume ideas!

Anonymous October 7, 2008 at 12:03 AM  

That’s great.! Well, I always remember the excitement of Halloween as a kid.

Olga October 8, 2008 at 11:01 AM  

I betcha they were thinking," That poor kid- she thinks its Thanksgiving already..."

Lydee October 9, 2008 at 6:33 AM  

lol! you're probably right!

Heidi Ho October 9, 2008 at 5:39 PM  

OK...You had great parents keeping those photographs!!! My mom made all my costumes too. One of my favorites...I was an "overweight clown". She stuffed oversized clown pants with 5 or 6 bed pillows. I had face paint and the whole bit...Anyways, we had our parade in our elementary school. We walked through the principal's office, which had 2 doors. I started to go through and got lodged in the door way due to my substantial belly. 2 teachers had to pry me out!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Hmm, seems somewhat redundant. I'm a mom of 2 lovely ladies. I'm the wife of a triathlete machine. I'm a general music teacher in a public school. I like to take pictures of things, especially things i consider beautiful. I like to share. As long as it isn't food. Enjoy!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP