Thursday, October 9, 2008

pumpkins!

We carved pumpkins this past weekend. The girls had fun taking the pumpkin guts out, and we enjoyed carving the pumpkins. My fingers were sore, but it's strangely satisfying to carve out a shape and see what it looks like.

We did "cheat" by using those pumpkin carving patterns you can buy at the store, but they do make cool looking pumpkins, so we decided to use them again this year.

My cat's whiskers and tail fell off, but it still looks cat-ish. Hubby did the best job on the cat in the window carving. I like the wolves.

Enjoy!








6 comments:

Anonymous October 9, 2008 at 7:35 AM  

Those are superbly cool! how long did it take with the patterns? One of those look familar,did you do one this year that you did last? hope you have a happy Halloween!!

Miss T October 9, 2008 at 9:52 AM  

Wow, very elaborate! They're terrific.

Mary Kathryn October 10, 2008 at 8:39 AM  

Those are great! I am all-about the cheating if you come out with something like this.

Olga October 10, 2008 at 10:50 AM  

I always wanted to do the pumpkin that was barfing out its guts!

Tammy October 11, 2008 at 7:39 PM  

Great job! I still do the triangle eyes and crooked smile. sigh

Sharon October 15, 2008 at 12:10 AM  

Your pumpkins look awesome! We don't have one single Halloween thing up this year. I'd better get on it!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Hmm, seems somewhat redundant. I'm a mom of 2 lovely ladies. I'm the wife of a triathlete machine. I'm a general music teacher in a public school. I like to take pictures of things, especially things i consider beautiful. I like to share. As long as it isn't food. Enjoy!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP