Monday, June 25, 2007

good monday morning


Ah! Here I sit with a cup of coffee and a morning filled with ideas. Yes, I finally finished all of my projects for my art class. The class is designed for elementary teachers who have no background in art. That sums me up fairly well.

So, what do I get into now? Should I make the second quilt out of my daughters' receiving blankets? Nah, maybe later. Should I make my own cosmetics Natural Beauty at Home ?

Oh no, those poor projects, waiting so faithfully for me, are set aside for the new and shiny once again. slapdash sewing

Sounds gloriously simple, doesn't it? My new/old used book just arrived in the mail, and I cannot wait to dive in. I remembered the book from my highschool library. And I actually made something out of it. Nevermind that one sleeve was longer than the other; my enthusiasm has been renewed. And I justified it by assuring myself that I have more patience now. Images of cute little outfits are dancing through my head. So, I set off today insearch of material. I'll keep you posted..... Many thanks to sophanne for showing me how to link.

5 comments:

Olga June 25, 2007 at 10:02 AM  

Ahhh, the joys of sewing! Before I had kids I use to sew for my neice and I was still kinda learning, and my brother would call every thing I made for her ' another creation from Abdul the tent maker' needless to say, that threw a damper on my sewing. And the final straw was when I had my first daughter and she refused to wear anything I made for her, now I am reduced to patching knees and sewing up popped seams. -sigh-

Haley June 25, 2007 at 10:27 AM  

i always wished i could sew, but am pretty much stuck with simple projects like valance curtains and pillows. i've bought patterns to make clothes, but they scare me. best of luck! can't wait to see what you create. thanks again for your comments on my blog. the picture in the header of my blog was made by croping a regular photo and then uploading the cropped picture to the blog. hope you have a fun summer home with your beautiful children and precious animals!

Lydee June 25, 2007 at 11:29 AM  

Abdul the tentmaker? Oh, the images that pop into my mind!!!!

Thanks Haley, maybe I'll give the header a try later.

Haley June 25, 2007 at 10:22 PM  

hey, it's me again. thanks for adding a link to my blog. i think you're the first to do that. i feel so special! thanks!

Lydee June 26, 2007 at 11:56 AM  

You're welcome. That's how I find such neat blogs, through the links on other blogs!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Hmm, seems somewhat redundant. I'm a mom of 2 lovely ladies. I'm the wife of a triathlete machine. I'm a general music teacher in a public school. I like to take pictures of things, especially things i consider beautiful. I like to share. As long as it isn't food. Enjoy!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP