Monday, August 4, 2008

The Aftermath, or: Why Cats Should Not Go On Car Rides

DH and I

We had a great time on our vacation and an uneventful trip home. I promise to post more vacation pictures at a later date. 

Unfortunately our biggest adventure of the week happened after we arrived home. And poor Tubby...



...poor Tubby continues her Legacy:



So we're on our way to pick up Pizza. We're hungry and tired from our long drive home. Poor Tubby was crying cause she missed us.



So I said, let's take Tubby. I don't want her to see us leaving again. Hubby reluctantly agrees.



At first she seemed to enjoy looking outside. Although she was shedding, a lot.

(pieces of telephone pole and jeep fender). 

But on the way back she started slobbering and panting.

(broken suspension); 

Hubby took his eyes off the road to look at her...



the telephone pole came out of nowhere...



We side swiped it. The tire took the brunt of the hit. DH stopped to pick up the broken wheel well, slammed the jeep door, said something about the stupid cat....and then Tubby threw up- all over me. The jeep didn't fare much better. With a broken suspension it's not drivable. we'll find out more today...

I told Hubby if he wanted to play Demolition Derby we could have went to the Hillbilly county fair that Niece's Boyfriend invited us to. Hubby did not think I was funny.


I needed to make something comforting after that ordeal. What a beautiful loaf of bread.

It was such a stupid thing. And it will most likely be an expensive fix. At least we're all okay and so is Tubby. The only thing hurt was her psyche. 

6 comments:

sophanne August 4, 2008 at 11:53 AM  

crap.

Yarnhog August 4, 2008 at 12:20 PM  

Oh, sh*t. I'm so glad you're all okay (except for the bruised cat psyche). I guess she won't be going for any more car rides.

Anonymous August 4, 2008 at 1:00 PM  

I'm really glad everyone is OK!!! What a nice "welcome back" from your trip [insert "rolling eyes" smiley here].

Anonymous August 4, 2008 at 6:43 PM  

If it had to happen, at least it was close to home, and was AFTER the vacation.

Glad everyone is ok.

Marie Louise August 6, 2008 at 8:08 AM  

Ouch! That's why they call it an accident. Well I suppose you're keeping some car mechanic in business. If that makes you feel any better. (NOT)

Jen August 7, 2008 at 7:38 PM  

found you from becca's blog. and i know i got a laugh out of your accident, but that is a great storty - throw up and all!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Hmm, seems somewhat redundant. I'm a mom of 2 lovely ladies. I'm the wife of a triathlete machine. I'm a general music teacher in a public school. I like to take pictures of things, especially things i consider beautiful. I like to share. As long as it isn't food. Enjoy!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP