Wednesday, August 20, 2008

A contest and other things

Patty from Fiberholic is holding a contest. Go there to maybe win sock yarn or Nova Scotia mohair. 


I'm getting ready for the start of the school year. It's exciting to plan for a new year. We have a new principal too, so lots of changes are in store. Good changes, I think...for the most part ;-)

No word on the progress of my jeep yet. My confidence in jeep has been shaken with this past accident. How could one telephone pole, which is still standing btw, cause so much damage? I though jeeps were "trail rated". I like the jeep because the roads going to our house are gravel roads and are a mess in the winter. Now I'm thinking of getting rid of it. It's a gas guzzler. I need something with 4 wheel drive that's easier on gas. 

4 wheel drive and easy on gas don't exactly go along together, but there has to be something.... I'm open to suggestions. :-)

7 comments:

Anonymous August 20, 2008 at 10:53 AM  

Get a Subaru.

Yarnhog August 20, 2008 at 12:00 PM  

I second the Suburu. My sister lives in Colorado and says they're standard equipment there. She has an Outback and highly recommends it.

Anonymous August 21, 2008 at 8:35 AM  

I agree with Yarnhog, get a sub. The Outback is great on ice & snow and gets about 32 miles per gallon.

Olga August 21, 2008 at 10:56 AM  

We are trying to get rid of our jeep too! Wish I could get an outback....

Carol August 21, 2008 at 11:06 PM  

What I know about cars could be written on the head of a pin. But I hope you find something that suits. Hard to believe that much damage from a pole....They don't build em like they used to (do I sound like an oldtimer?)

Anonymous August 22, 2008 at 11:45 AM  

We're trying to sell our muscle truck and our motor home because we're moving, but nobody out there seems to want to buy. Both vehicles have received many unsolicited offers not too many years ago, but none now, even at a significantly reduced price. I guess 6-8 mpg isn't everyone's first choice anymore! :-)

Mary Kathryn August 25, 2008 at 12:24 AM  

Yes - go for the Subaru.

Best of luck with the upcoming schoolyear - any warm body sounds as if he/she will be a principal improvement for you!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Hmm, seems somewhat redundant. I'm a mom of 2 lovely ladies. I'm the wife of a triathlete machine. I'm a general music teacher in a public school. I like to take pictures of things, especially things i consider beautiful. I like to share. As long as it isn't food. Enjoy!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP