Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Drip Drip Drip

That's all it's doing here. We had beautiful snow and then...rain. Rain on old snow is sad. Rain on fresh snow? Mother nature should be locked up; that truly is a criminal act. What could be more pathetic than patches of snow, once pristine, running, puddling, down a muddy driveway? 


Drip. drip. drip. 

Even Emmy's piano practicing sounds like it:
(in a low octave)  

drip.       drip.drip.
              
  drip.         drip.


Ugh. The only change is the threat that all this will turn back into freezing rain and snow within a few hours. Ugh. 

Tubby says, "Please, please take me away."

7 comments:

Mary Kathryn January 28, 2009 at 4:24 PM  

The beauty of a SNOW DAY, though, right? Or are THOSE even old now (too many snow days = major cabin fever for me)?

Good Yarns January 28, 2009 at 8:21 PM  

I wish i could send you some of our snow. Instead I will send you my blessings. Also, I pray for you a wonderful evening and night!

Anonymous January 29, 2009 at 7:01 AM  

Same here, sis. In our case however, the rain FROSE on top of the snow. current status: 1/4in. snow, 2.75in. ice.

Unknown January 31, 2009 at 5:43 PM  

Seems like most of the blogs I looked at today have cats on them. I miss keeping cats.
I was taken by your interest in coffee. I am a coffee fiend. I have one of those bean to cup machines and look for beans wherever we go. I like a rather full bodied taste.

Megan Coyle February 1, 2009 at 11:25 PM  

It is sad when it starts raining on top of snow. It's even sadder when that rain turns into ice and it becomes seemingly impossible to walk anywhere without slipping and sliding. That's how it's been here :)

Heidi Ho February 2, 2009 at 10:55 AM  

u make me smile!! I totally feel like a drip today!

Anonymous February 4, 2009 at 7:18 AM  

Speaking of cats, our cat, Cuddles, will not move under any condition, away from the furnace vent. She presses her head right up against it and will stay their for hours.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Hmm, seems somewhat redundant. I'm a mom of 2 lovely ladies. I'm the wife of a triathlete machine. I'm a general music teacher in a public school. I like to take pictures of things, especially things i consider beautiful. I like to share. As long as it isn't food. Enjoy!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP