Sunday, January 4, 2009

Yep, That's How I Feel Too.



Going back to work is not my favorite activity. 

I wanted to post these pictures before less important things take up my blogging time, you know, like work (ack.).

I've had such a nice, relaxing vacation catching up on blogs and looking up useless information all the while in my pj's!

I was inspired by Pioneer Woman's photography blog and decided to try my hand at a few interesting photos. Kinda hard with a point and shoot, but I'll wait on buying a new camera; it's not high on our list of priorities. Someday...

Anyhoo, I asked one of my favorite models to pose for me. She was slightly reluctant. 






Actually, Mom, I thought you wanted to tape a movie of me and my favorite tree ornament. 



No, Bibi, I want a pretty picture of you. Let's put the ornament down. No, down low...by your lap. Here, let mama hold it. Doesn't mama look funny? (Ornament hanging off her ear.)



Okay, I guess not. (Puts ornament down.)



Bibi, you keep making sour faces like that and I'm going to post them online.




Thought you'd like some un-posed pictures. One thing about Bibi, she's full of expression. She has more moods than a sunset has colors. 





Speaking of sunset, the late sun was coming through the windows, so I snuggled her on my lap and snapped a few shots with the macro lens. The coloring wasn't quite right. I still need to play with the white balance on my camera, but I adjusted the color later with my photo program. 








This one is my favorite.

And so, I'll leave you with a Bibi quote. After eating an ice cream sandwich in the car, she wanted wet wipes to clean her hands. I was driving and couldn't reach them. In frustration she threw her napkin down and said, "Sticky fingers are not my best friend!" Yep, I feel the same way too little Bibi. 

6 comments:

sophanne January 4, 2009 at 6:52 PM  

beautiful and obviously I feel the same way.

Good Yarns January 4, 2009 at 10:34 PM  

What a terrific post! She is delightful and expressive, and you....you are clearly well-rested (and funny)!

Tammy January 5, 2009 at 3:31 PM  

What fun pictures! And you managed a smile... good work mom.

Carol January 8, 2009 at 9:40 PM  

The best way to take better pictures is to...take LOTS of pictures! One of my favorite shows is America's next top model. Even with an entire TEAM of stylist, makeup artists etc, those people take 50-150 shots to get one good one. So I don't feel bad.

Haley January 10, 2009 at 4:33 PM  

too cute! isn't motherhood an adventure.

Wanderingcatstudio January 12, 2009 at 10:39 PM  

Those are some fantastic photos... what expressions... imagine what she'll think of them when she's older. The ones in the sunset are beautiful!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Hmm, seems somewhat redundant. I'm a mom of 2 lovely ladies. I'm the wife of a triathlete machine. I'm a general music teacher in a public school. I like to take pictures of things, especially things i consider beautiful. I like to share. As long as it isn't food. Enjoy!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP