Thursday, October 4, 2007

woo hoo!!!

I'm getting a haircut today! Anyone who's lived with a bad hair cut knows the joy in this feeling.

Trying hard to keep work at work. I've been keeping a work journal. I write in it after each class, the good, bad and ugly. What I liked and didn't like about my lesson, and notes on particular students. It's helped me to defuse.

Emmy's taking gymnastics. She's worried about "breaking her egg". Apparently, they pull their legs up to their chest and wrap their arms around their legs, making an "egg". Then they try to roll/sumersault while staying wrapped up in their "egg" shape. I told her to practice at home, that's her homework. Daddy, being the sweet one, said we'll help her.

Bibi, who is no longer called "Bibi" by her sibling (now her sibling can not only say the "V" but spell her sister's full name as well), is getting so tall. No more breath holding temper tanturms, thankgoodness. The doctor said she'd outgrow them, and the doc was right. Bibi would hold her breath to the point of passing out. It was exciting times.... I guess I used to do that too. God's vengenance was upon me.

My husband got really mad when I told my oldest (during one of her stubborn moments- those moments when she says, "I WONT' HAVE ANY MORE BIRTHDAYS!" she's 5), I said, that God put her here to test me. Not a great way to endear her to God, I suppose. Not very mature on my part either. Perhaps I said the birthday thing to my own mother, and really did quit aging at 11 years old...

One can only hope that their kids will have children of their own.

Have a good day everyone!

4 comments:

Web Analytics Beginner October 4, 2007 at 2:07 PM  

Only a true mom can think of such things to say to the kids. I looked at ours last night picking the nice fresh carrots, onions, and celery out of the delicious chicken noodle soup placing them on a napkin and playing with them, and mixing them together in new ways. My response. . .deep breath. . ."That's not a chemistry set, it's your dinner!" DH proceeded to look away and LOL at me.

Good Yarns October 5, 2007 at 4:28 PM  

Having read your post right after I said some ripe words to my own son, I had to laugh. I just instructed him to "never complain about pencils again!". I informed him I'd provided a wide variety of said pencils and he should certainly be content with them. Duh! I wonder who won that round?

Oh, I've also begged my littlest one to stop growing up. She honestly prayed to God (for about a year!) to stop growing. Now she just tells me I'm out of luck.

Yarnhog October 5, 2007 at 8:30 PM  

Oh, heck. If that's the worst thing you've ever said to/in front of your kids, you're Supermom.

(When my son was two, his daddy took him to the grocery store and let him push the cart. Apparently, in a fit of frustration, my beloved child exclaimed--in front of a whole store of appalled witnesses--"The f*&!%$ wheels won't go straight!" I'm so glad I wasn't there, especially since I was no doubt responsible for his colorful vocabulary. Ouch.)

Yarnhog October 8, 2007 at 9:46 PM  

Still waiting for the new haircut pictures...

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Hmm, seems somewhat redundant. I'm a mom of 2 lovely ladies. I'm the wife of a triathlete machine. I'm a general music teacher in a public school. I like to take pictures of things, especially things i consider beautiful. I like to share. As long as it isn't food. Enjoy!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP