Saturday, April 5, 2008

Strange Things are happening

Is it a full moon? 


The week started with chase (name changed) upset about sitting in time out, mumbling that chase was his nick name, his real name is Captain R and he didn't appreciate being treated this way. He intermittently blew things up (in his mind) during this little speech. 

I had to attend an impromptu text book meeting, the most boring type of meetings. We were forced to sing the world's cheeziest songs by the author of those songs, who was also our presenter. He talked for an hour and 15 minutes straight at last count. I quit checking after that, cause I just gave up. The only redeeming quality of that meeting was the big basket of chocolate they placed in front of us. But they they took it away when they packed up their books. We still had to discuss things after they left: like, should we have another meeting? 

Hubby had a vasectomy, need I say more? 

I took a day and a half off, student teacher taught the entire time. The kids were their typical selves. She did a good job from the reports. 

The week ended with student teacher spying a kid humping his chair while my back was to him. So I had to explain how to appropriately sit in a chair. 

A special needs student showed up at our faculty door during lunch. He was looking for the resource teacher to sign his chart so he could go out for recess. She told him no. Why?  (whiny voice). Because you were rolling on my floor like a burrito. Here, (thrusts chart at him). Have a nice day. (Shuts door in his face.)

And in the middle of all this, I happened to turn on the radio and hear Rush Limbaugh state that teachers were teaching kids to "hate america", and that there was no reason our graduation rate shouldn't be 100%. 

YOU KNOW WHAT RUSH? I SINCERELY INVITE YOU TO FOLLOW ME FOR A WEEK, EVEN A DAY. MEET THE "CAPTAIN R'S", THE BOOB TWISTERS, CHAIR HUMPERS, AND BURRITO ROLLERS. TELL ME HOW I'M TEACHING THEM HOW TO HATE AMERICA.TELL ME HOW THEY'RE GOING TO GRADUATE.  VISUALIZE THEM IN 10-15 YEARS. TELL ME HOW SUCCESSFUL YOU THINK THESE STUDENTS ARE GOING TO BE IN THE REAL WORLD. 

MAYBE THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN YOU AND I RUSH IS THAT YOU PREACH FROM BEHIND A RADIO MIKE. I WORK IN THE REAL WORLD. 

6 comments:

sophanne April 5, 2008 at 10:11 AM  

AMEN! Sing it Sistah-

Sorry about the textbook meeting. Hated Hated Hated those. Would you like THESE cheezy songs or THESE OTHER cheezy songs?

Anonymous April 5, 2008 at 6:50 PM  

Ugh! What a week! Enjoy the weekend though.

Mary Kathryn April 6, 2008 at 12:06 PM  

I think all would have been right if the chocolate had just been left there after the meeting. Stingy cheeseheads!!!
Thanks, BTW, for the nice comments on my layout. I, too, love your blog and added it to my faves (hope that's okay).

Heidi Ho April 6, 2008 at 6:37 PM  

I was going to AMEN too!!! I'll Halleluyah instead!!!!

I wonder how the anonymous child who sneakily took off their dirty socks and left them under my desk on Thursday is going to survive when they are an adult???....

Full moon??? It just might have been!

heather April 7, 2008 at 10:11 AM  

Rush Limbaugh is a Big Fat Idiot.... true statement and great book.
I hope you have a hump the desk free week.

Yarnhog April 8, 2008 at 9:11 PM  

This is the second post I've read this week about a kid humping a chair when the teacher's back was turned. I know boys are animals (I have three), but seriously!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Hmm, seems somewhat redundant. I'm a mom of 2 lovely ladies. I'm the wife of a triathlete machine. I'm a general music teacher in a public school. I like to take pictures of things, especially things i consider beautiful. I like to share. As long as it isn't food. Enjoy!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP