Sunday, March 30, 2008

Goals Achieved! (mostly)

Well, the house is looking pretty spiffy after my week off. No, I didn't clean like crazy.  I decluttered 14 trash bags and 3 boxes full of stuff: 4 bags of outgrown girls clothes, 7 bags of toys, movies and womens' clothes, 3 boxes of toys, puzzles and craft items, and 3-4 (not sure) bags of trash. 


We tore down The Dinosaur (old computer) so we could use the desk for my laptop and scanner/printer. No more charging the computer on the kitchen table hoping the kids don't spill anything on it. 

I bought a new shower curtain, and a couple of new area rugs for my family room and dining room (cause I can always replace them when they get stained). 

I also bought another cubby organizer to go with the one I already have for the girls toys. It works much better than a toy box (or those plastic storage containers) because each cubby can hold a collection of barbies (and accessories), little people, dinosaurs, etc. Everything has a home and is easy to find and easy to put away. 

Phew...

I also sat on my bottom eating cheeze-its and dried cranberries, while reading magazines and looking up bizarre legends on snopes.com. And I got to blog all week! Yep, I made sure to get lots of that done. Gotta keep my priorities straight. 

6 comments:

sophanne March 30, 2008 at 9:18 PM  

WOW! that's awesome.

Anonymous March 31, 2008 at 12:16 AM  

That's great! Have a good day back tomorrow! :)

Olga April 1, 2008 at 12:01 PM  

Slow down! Your gonna burn out doing all that stuff in a week. Pace yourself, I could maybe get all that done in, like, 6 weeks...

Mary Kathryn April 1, 2008 at 12:25 PM  

Congrats! What a great feeling. My only reason for ever purging stuff is moving, which we seem to be doing a lot lately. Anyway, enjoy your newfound space.

Yarnhog April 1, 2008 at 3:40 PM  

Good for you! It's so satisfying to de-clutter. My kids hate it. I always end up throwing away some precious used napkin or irreplaceable broken sprinkler part. There goes that Mom of the Year Award again.

Haley April 7, 2008 at 2:48 PM  

i'm jealous of your decluttering. i LOVE decluttering. i had a whole 2 hours to myself one morning last week because my husband took my son to the park. i spent the whole time working in my son's room. no one else could tell, but i know i made it much more organized and neat and thus i was happy. by the way, i also love the cubby system best for toy organization.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Hmm, seems somewhat redundant. I'm a mom of 2 lovely ladies. I'm the wife of a triathlete machine. I'm a general music teacher in a public school. I like to take pictures of things, especially things i consider beautiful. I like to share. As long as it isn't food. Enjoy!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP