Friday, July 11, 2008

I was Brutalized, by a Dental Hygienist

Some dental hygienist are gentle...and gentle rhymes with dental. And others? They are the Ungentle Dental Hy-Hellions.

Yesterday I went to get my teeth cleaned. My dental hygienist decided she didn't like people who only get their teeth cleaned when they feel like it.

"So it's been a few years since you got your teeth cleaned last?" Scrape, scrape, pick...

"Do you floss regularly, no?" Sccraape...CHIP! Puuuullllll...CHIP!

"It's nice of you to come in on such a nice day." Pulling at...gums. oy, they won't give...

"My other patients didn't show up today." (No wonder.) Wipes at bleeding gums...

"Wow, you're really good. Other people keep jerking around when I try to clean.."

[Dentist]"You're teeth aren't that bad. You have pretty teeth...not straight teeth, but pretty teeth...." Thanks. I'm well aware of the alignment of my teeth. Even more so now.

"So, let's schedule you again for...."

[me]"Ummm, let me coordinate schedules with my husband. I'll call you." 


I flew out of there like....a bat outta hell.

8 comments:

Miss T July 11, 2008 at 9:23 AM  

The bad ones can be SO bad!

Mary Kathryn July 11, 2008 at 9:38 AM  

This is really funny (how it's written, not the brutalization!). That lady clearly needs to get a hobby on the side so she can be a little less passionate about her work.

Lydee July 11, 2008 at 9:51 AM  

lol! you're right!

Yarnhog July 12, 2008 at 7:19 PM  

It's one of those ironies of life that the less often you go, the worse it is, so the less often you want to go! I hope you're feeling better today.

Sharon July 13, 2008 at 1:20 PM  

What Yarnhog said; it's a vicious cycle! It's a rare blogger that can write a funny post about a harrowing experience. Sending you some virtual Tylenol 3's.

Lydee July 13, 2008 at 5:06 PM  

Thanks sharon, yep, poppin' them right now...or maybe I'll save them for my next visit!

Anonymous July 14, 2008 at 8:31 AM  

Good post! Sorry for the bad experience, though! I didn't go for 3 years until school just got out and I was afraid... But I was pleasantly surprised. I guess I got a good one.

Olga July 16, 2008 at 10:51 AM  

I haven't been for 9?10? years. ekk. Guess I'll never go now....

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Hmm, seems somewhat redundant. I'm a mom of 2 lovely ladies. I'm the wife of a triathlete machine. I'm a general music teacher in a public school. I like to take pictures of things, especially things i consider beautiful. I like to share. As long as it isn't food. Enjoy!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP