Friday, July 25, 2008

leaving on a jet plane....

Well, not exactly on a jet plane, more like the family suv, but we are leaving for Oak Island, NC.


Oak Island Vacation from a couple of years ago (2006)



Hoping to capture some beautiful pics.

The littlest one, only 2 yrs old, splashing in the surf. (2006)


Looking forward to some R&R.

Daddy and Emmy (2006)

Will probably spend more on gas than we did for the house. oh well....

Oak Island Gas (2006). What a Hoot!


will definitely miss my kitties :-( 
Hopefully no unfortunate accidents will happen to them. The fish from a few years ago didn't fare so well.

Picture Emmy made at preschool this past year. Was surprised she remembered her fish. They were her first pets: Jonah and Nemo. Died of the Ick. 


I included some pics from a couple years ago at Oak Island. Hopefully I can get someone to take some decent pictures of me this year. 

7 comments:

sophanne July 25, 2008 at 10:39 AM  

safe happy travels my friend. 2.76~! what a crack me up!

Anonymous July 25, 2008 at 11:07 AM  

Good grief, was it really only 2 years ago that gas was less that $3? And we griped about it?

And that fish coloring is just pitiful. Those sad faces.

My mom lives in Wilmington, NC and I think I've taken a ferry to Oak Island. Anyway, the NC beaches are wonderful. I hope you have a great trip!!

Mary Kathryn July 25, 2008 at 2:52 PM  

Have fun! I am in love with the "missing the fishies" art. How funny and sad. The ick - many a fish of mine has succumbed to the dreaded ick.

Anonymous July 26, 2008 at 10:41 AM  

$2.76 is better than the $3.99 which is now becoming common up here in P.A. Hope you have a good trip!!:) Love the fish picture. Pitiful yet totaly funny:)

Good Yarns July 26, 2008 at 12:11 PM  

Aren't kids great for making pictures to chronicle your ups and downs!

Have a great, relaxing time. I'll be looking for some great pictures of all of you!

Gina July 26, 2008 at 7:41 PM  

It is also better than $4.09 which is what I paid today. But since I paid $4.19 last week, I'm not complaining (too much)

Olga July 28, 2008 at 1:22 PM  

Have fun and hopefully some storm named carl or something won't blow in.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Hmm, seems somewhat redundant. I'm a mom of 2 lovely ladies. I'm the wife of a triathlete machine. I'm a general music teacher in a public school. I like to take pictures of things, especially things i consider beautiful. I like to share. As long as it isn't food. Enjoy!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP