Thursday, September 3, 2009

I Showed Up Late, My Cell Phone Rang, and My Husband Blocked the Fire Lane

And that, in a nutshell was my open house. Oh, and the only open "teacher's seat" was clear on the other side of the room, which i waltzed over to 5 minutes late with my two cranky kids in tow.

In my defense my cell rang cause hubby didn't know where i was, but i shoulda put it on vibrate, and I can't help where hubby parks. In his defense, they did an "all call" 5 times, but we were in my room which doesn't have an intercom, because they refuse to admit that I work here too.

However, this is the second year that hubby's car was called over the all call to be moved. I guess he just has that special knack. Unlike the other year, this year we didn't hear it. I should have told PP that i had no idea who owned the green truck with all of the triathlon stickers on it, i can't imagine who that belongs too.

I would have laughed it off, but i sat in the cafeteria, eating stale cookies, listening to everyone (teachers and parents) around joke about the green truck. I decided it was time to go back to my monastery annex/classroom.

Open House sucks and if it weren't for the fact that i'd have to come in on Christmas Eve to make up for it, I'd miss it this year, and next year, and the year after that, and again and again, and again.

4 comments:

Heidi Ho September 3, 2009 at 9:03 PM  

If it makes you feel better..."open house" at my school involves Classroom teachers meeting parents, related arts teachers are on "playground duty" with ALL the kids who's parents come. K-5 running amuck... for nearly 3 hours.

I HAD to miss this year because of Sophie's daycare situation and hubby outta town, so I am SO looking for 2 hours to make up for Christmas Eve. ARGH

Mary Kathryn September 3, 2009 at 11:45 PM  

Oh, yeah. "Mem'ries, like the corners of my mind...." The running late, lack of intercom (aka respect), stale cookies, all of it sounds way too familiar. And the most ironic part of all for me was always that I spent hours there and no one ever came to open house to talk to the music teacher. So, mostly I was there to twiddle my thumbs. I feel ya.

nurmisur September 4, 2009 at 8:08 AM  

Haven't reach that stage yet, so I cannot comment.I tried to comment in the other post how lovely your ladies are but couldn't.
The start of a new school year is always very stressful, I remember being the student but eventually you adjust...and then come the summer vacations...

Lydee September 6, 2009 at 8:13 AM  

thanks you all. i hit a low spot back there. i'm keeping to the sunny side now.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Hmm, seems somewhat redundant. I'm a mom of 2 lovely ladies. I'm the wife of a triathlete machine. I'm a general music teacher in a public school. I like to take pictures of things, especially things i consider beautiful. I like to share. As long as it isn't food. Enjoy!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP