Tuesday, January 22, 2008

I'm full of snarkiness today. How about my school district (the good state of West Virginia, the freakin' backward state of freakin' West Virginia) is going to have me draw straws to determine my senority along with all of the other new teachers this year. It's a statute in the law for pete's sake. Working out of state looks more and more alluring.

I've decided to make a game out of my practice of avoiding my students (and their parents) at the local made-in-china Mart.
I get one point for every child I see that is not one of my students, therefore does not recognize me.
For every child that is one of my students, I get two points only IF they DO NOT SEE ME.
If they see me I lose two points.
If I have to run so they do not see me, and I make it out of the store in 5 minutes, bravo, 5 points!
If I have my own two kids and a loaded buggy and I make it out in 5 minutes without anymore sightings, outstanding! 10 points
Double if the husband is along.
If the student's parents see me, and stop me to complain about their child's grade, or the choice of music for the program, I've lost. May as well go home and open up that bottle of wine.

3 comments:

sophanne January 22, 2008 at 9:42 PM  

I never saw my students when I lived in motown. Now that I'm in Waynesburg, I never know who I'll run into at Big Lots!

Excellent game-

Haley January 24, 2008 at 4:00 PM  

just wanted to let you know i am passing on the "you make my day" award to you. thanks for thinking of me!

Yarnhog January 29, 2008 at 11:25 PM  

Straws. You have to draw straws? I suppose you should be grateful your textbooks don't have labels stuck in them that say, "Science is a myth," or something. Oh, wait. I think that's Kansas.

Good luck with the straw draw.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Hmm, seems somewhat redundant. I'm a mom of 2 lovely ladies. I'm the wife of a triathlete machine. I'm a general music teacher in a public school. I like to take pictures of things, especially things i consider beautiful. I like to share. As long as it isn't food. Enjoy!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP