Tuesday, January 1, 2008

snowdance

I'm doing the snow dance. It usually involves running around on my porch while shouting and waving my hands in the air. Love sophanne's snow dance link. I think it's the appeal of the suprise and excitement of a coming snowstorm that gets me. Everybody runs to the store for bread, milk, and toilet paper. We're supposed to get 2-4 inches with an additional inch or two tomorrow. Enough to make these country roads slick and unpassable unless you have 4 wheel drive. The good state of WV has their priority roads and their secondary roads to clear. Our road is, like, not even on their list of things to clear. Our road is an inconvience to them. When they fix pot holes on our road, they don't even use asphalt. They fill them with dirt and gravel.

Oh well, snow day it looks like it will be, woo hoo!

2 comments:

sophanne January 1, 2008 at 2:58 PM  

And let's not forget the fact that in the state of WV the primary roads get treated as though they were secondary roads in PA. I didn't realize the predictions were so positive but I'm still pretending we'll have to go tomorrow.

One good sign is that we had a 1/2 day the last time Heather Henderson subbed for me and she's scheduled to come tomorrow afternoon.

Gina January 1, 2008 at 8:36 PM  

You get a snow day for only 2-4 inches of snow! wow! (says the person from Rochester...) If that happened here, we would miss a good portion of the school year. :-)
Hope you end up having your day off. I'm thrilled because I don't have to go back until next week.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Hmm, seems somewhat redundant. I'm a mom of 2 lovely ladies. I'm the wife of a triathlete machine. I'm a general music teacher in a public school. I like to take pictures of things, especially things i consider beautiful. I like to share. As long as it isn't food. Enjoy!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP