Saturday, May 17, 2008

meme

Woo Hoo! I got memed! Anyhoo, Sharon of Chickenlips Knitting tagged me, thanks Sharon.

"The rules of the game get posted at the beginning. Each player answers the questions about themselves. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5-6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog.Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer."

1) What was I doing 10 years ago?

I just graduated from a two year college in PA and was getting ready to transfer to WVU to finish my 4 year degree in music ed. It was a big transition time. I would be moving out of my parents house and living on my own in a different state. I needed money to furnish my new place so, I picked up a summer job as a full time waitress at "Bob's" (my nick-name for a well known chain of family restaurants) in pittsburgh. I did pretty well there, but worked my tail off. I filled in for vacations, so I opened, closed and did everything in-between. And, I lost weight, running around taking everybody's orders. Instead of putting my tip money in a bank (like normal people), I let it pile up on the dresser until my mother complained about it. My then Sweetie (now my hubby) and I finally counted it, hundreds of one dollar bills!

2) What are 5 things on my to-do list for today (not in any particular order):

Oh geez, I did most of them already: make bread, make homemade chx noodle soup (which includes wrestling with a raw chicken, my fave activity, not!), wrestle with hubby :-), laundry, relax.

3) Snacks I enjoy: Oh brother! Doritos (banned from my pantry due to my expanding waistline), pretzels dipped in honey mustard (a poor replacement for doritos, but it will do), chocolate, cup of tea, scones

4) Things I would do if I were a billionaire:

Well...the hypothetical or reality? Hypothetically, I would live in a way that would help others, donate money, work overseas, all that good stuff. Doesn't that make you feel warm and fuzzy inside? Yeah...In reality, I'd probably buy houses in various beautiful locations, invest so that I'd still be making money, have my husband quit his job so he could train and race full time, and maybe work when I felt like it :-)

5) Places I have lived: various locations in southwestern PA, and north central WV.

6) 6 peeps I wanna know more about:
Marie Louise,because of her lovely sophisticated blogging style
Good Yarns, she's brave enough to knit (horrors) for her own off-spring
Patty, because of her supermom abilities, pics included!
Carol, she's brave enough to knit for....HUBBY!
Tama of Den of Chaos, a good dose of humor with common cents
Throws like a Girl, love her rocker girl style and sense of humor
And you if you want to play along.

6 comments:

Carol May 18, 2008 at 4:24 PM  

Umm, thanks? Hee hee...give me a day or so...

Marie Louise May 18, 2008 at 4:28 PM  

LOL - love your answers. Never thought of myself as sophisticated but appreciate the compliment - thanks! Not sure if I can compete with your answer #2 - you've baked bread AND made homemade chicken soup? I've been eating cookies all afternoon because I've been gardening and am too lazy to make myself a sandwich.
Thanks for thinking of me!

Marie Louise May 18, 2008 at 9:13 PM  

I was a good girl - assignment completed!

Patty May 19, 2008 at 8:13 AM  

Thanks for tagging me! Loved your answers. I'm in awe too; wrestling with a raw chicken (ew!) AND homemade bread?!? Now, let's see when the wee one lets me complete my tag!

littlebyrd May 19, 2008 at 7:14 PM  

Loved your answers! Thanks for coming by my blog and saying hello.

Mother of Chaos May 20, 2008 at 4:26 PM  

Hey, I finally got around to it! Never let it be said that I am *prompt*...8^D

Thanks for the tag!! And, raw chicken wrestling - I wonder when we'll see THAT on Spike TV?!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Hmm, seems somewhat redundant. I'm a mom of 2 lovely ladies. I'm the wife of a triathlete machine. I'm a general music teacher in a public school. I like to take pictures of things, especially things i consider beautiful. I like to share. As long as it isn't food. Enjoy!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP