Saturday, May 24, 2008

monkey house

So, just a few more days left in the monkey house (school) until summer break. I'm working hard to get them (the monkeys) ready for their spring program. I like the programs to be short and sweet. The toughest part is getting the kids on and off the platforms quietly. But I have some help from the art and gym teacher this time. We reworked the schedule so they could help me.

This is my 3rd program and I'm feeling better about this one than with the previous ones. It's not that I've created anything wonderful, it's just that I (and a couple glasses of wine) have decided "it's all good".

Too bad the "concert nightmares" have started again. (kids everywhere, mass chaos, I lose it, etc...) I guess my subconscience isn't in agreement with me yet.

2 comments:

Yarnhog May 25, 2008 at 10:57 PM  

I am always amazed by how the music teacher manages to pull together a program that is coherent and well-organized with all the kids in place and doing more or less what they're supposed to be doing. I don't think anyone expects miracles (I know I don't), and it's always wonderful to watch, no matter--or maybe because of--the imperfections.

Heidi Ho May 26, 2008 at 12:09 AM  

Concert nightmares...ahhhhhh......such a common vein of existance for us. I have them every concert. Well, until this last one, but then I did have to actually stop and restart a song because I was so zoned out. The kids were great, I was having pregnant amnesia. (and this was real life...no nightmare!) A positive note...no one seemed to mind it a bit! I simply said, uh sorry! My bad!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Hmm, seems somewhat redundant. I'm a mom of 2 lovely ladies. I'm the wife of a triathlete machine. I'm a general music teacher in a public school. I like to take pictures of things, especially things i consider beautiful. I like to share. As long as it isn't food. Enjoy!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP