Saturday, October 24, 2009

Frosty Flowers, Goodbye

Frosted Flowers...and grass. The end of the growing season is here.

Photobucket

It was frosty and foggy this particular morning. I jumped out of my car on my way to work to snap these last photos of my garden in the end-of-it's-season glory.

Photobucket

Alas poor cosmos! I behold your beauty one last time this season.

Photobucket

How different you are from this...


Photobucket

Naked, cold and shivering...
You certainly know how to go out with a bang...

Photobucket

...or shall we call it a "brrr"....?

Photobucket

At least I'll get to enjoy you maiden grass, with your beautiful seedheads throughout winter.

Photobucket

Ah! Sweet hardy Coneflowers! Until we meet again! I'll see you next summer.
Goodbye.

4 comments:

Haley October 25, 2009 at 3:22 PM  

what gorgeous photos! thanks for sharing!

Good Yarns October 26, 2009 at 11:32 AM  

What lovely photos! I especially liked the 4th one down...so beautiful!
Have a wonderful Monday. It's overcast here, with some drizzle, so I am hoping to catch a few moments with a book.

nurmisur October 26, 2009 at 2:22 PM  

What beautiful pictures!
I think it's also time to say goodbye to the flowers around here.

Gina October 27, 2009 at 6:34 PM  

Love your pictures!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Hmm, seems somewhat redundant. I'm a mom of 2 lovely ladies. I'm the wife of a triathlete machine. I'm a general music teacher in a public school. I like to take pictures of things, especially things i consider beautiful. I like to share. As long as it isn't food. Enjoy!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP