Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Bugs and school

So how is it that my friend Gina can post every single day since the beginning of school, and I'm lucky to post once a week?

I'm still overwhelmed with this new thing called "a job". Now, technically I know I started in january, but it's easier to jump in during the middle of the school year, as opposed to starting up a school year.

On the bug front, my house is a new haven to fruit flies (gnats), and I've just had my very first (drum roll please) case of "daughter bringing home head lice from school". Now I truely have been christened as a mother. Washer and Dryer, don't quit on me now!

Today's Picture Day at school. So I get to go have my picture taken with a freshly washed head smelling of lice shampoo.
"At least," my husband so kindly pointed out to me, "it's not a scratch and sniff picture."

8 comments:

Olga September 19, 2007 at 9:44 AM  

Awww-you kidden! I live in fear of that happening!! I can't stand the thought of lice or ticks, essssh! Both give me the heebajeebas!

Yarnhog September 19, 2007 at 1:09 PM  

AAAAAAAH! I've managed to avoid that particular rite of passage so far (knock on wood). My natural squeamishness is really not up to that challenge. I'm sending positive "bug-free" energy your way!

Anonymous September 19, 2007 at 3:16 PM  

I've got fruit flies here too! They are making me crazy. Cider vinegar in a bowl, cover with saran and poke holes in works pretty well.
Bummer about the lice.

Lydee September 19, 2007 at 7:55 PM  

Thanks for the tip on the fruit flies. I'll try it; they are really terrible.

Thank you, thank you for the bug free energy. I think we stopped the head lice early enough. I didn't even notice her scratching. I periodically check their heads, and just happened to find a prize this time.

Gina September 19, 2007 at 9:27 PM  

Don't forget, I don't have the husband and kids factor. :-)
To tell you the truth, I'm not sure I could manage a job, husband, and kids. I have enough trouble with just the job factor.

I've been told that putting olive oil in your hair is supposed to help with the lice thing.

It's good to read your post, and I hope you're surviving. I've been meaning to give you a call, but I think it might have to wait until the weekend. Have a goodnight!

...Sarah September 20, 2007 at 9:50 PM  

Not a pretty site there. Fruit fkies are at least just a nuisance,I hope your lice experience is limited and ends soon.

Haley September 26, 2007 at 4:30 PM  

oh lice. that reminds me of a funny story. will have to remember to tell you when i have more time. have missed your blog, but can't really complain as i'm on a two week blogging hiatus. hope to return soon.

Web Analytics Beginner September 30, 2007 at 8:30 PM  

I'm so sorry about the lice--are you still washing everything. My head itches in sympathy. My sympathy for fruit flies is even more real as a forgotten half banana on the counter attracted a tribe. Ian knocked over a vase of flowers brought home bt DH and a smell goes with it.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Hmm, seems somewhat redundant. I'm a mom of 2 lovely ladies. I'm the wife of a triathlete machine. I'm a general music teacher in a public school. I like to take pictures of things, especially things i consider beautiful. I like to share. As long as it isn't food. Enjoy!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP