Friday, September 14, 2007

You're in Charge

So when I get to school yesterday, I'm hearing jokes from the other teachers saying "you're in charge".

Huh?

Mr. Principal sent an email out to everyone: He won't be at school today, not even for the assembly, and the Art and Music teacher are in charge.

Art teacher has only been at the school for 3 weeks. I've only been there since January. (Thank goodness for Coach, our intercom announcer and calm head.)

I check my email and Mr. P wrote, "by the way, I've invited so and so. Make sure you introduce her and give her time to speak. Oh, and take pictures for the newsletter..."

Well, the entire assembly went ok. Really, the only chaos was in my head. "So and So" had time to speak. I delegated the picture taking responsibility. Trying to practice with Choir when I have 20 kindergarteners I'm supposed to be teaching at the same time isn't a bright idea. I could have strangled choir for being so loud when they shouldn't have been, and too quiet when they were supposed to be heard. But, it's done, thankgoodness.

Mr. P. showed up at 4:00 wanting to know how everything went. I said pictures are on your desk, next year let's have a quiet celebration in the classrooms.

He says, "Huh? Why don't you want to do it again next year?"

I say, "It's 4:00, I gotta go."

3 comments:

sophanne September 14, 2007 at 12:09 PM  

TAKE ME HOME, COUNTRY ROADS.....PLEASE!!!!!

Yarnhog September 17, 2007 at 10:33 PM  

HAHAHA!
A couple of months after I arrived at the US Embassy in Russia, I was assigned to be "duty officer" for a week. I soon learned that this is akin to living in hell. The duty officer is assigned a satellite phone and handles every single call or problem that crops up after hours--which, since Moscow is 9-12 hours off U.S. time, is about a call every fifteen minutes, all night long, for a week. I only learned later that the duty officer is supposed to get the duty week off regular work, since it is difficult to stay awake for a week straight. No one bothered to mention this to me--including my boss and my co-workers!

...Sarah September 17, 2007 at 10:56 PM  

I am very glad to be semi-retired ;-)

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Hmm, seems somewhat redundant. I'm a mom of 2 lovely ladies. I'm the wife of a triathlete machine. I'm a general music teacher in a public school. I like to take pictures of things, especially things i consider beautiful. I like to share. As long as it isn't food. Enjoy!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP