Saturday, September 1, 2007

yea! long weekends!

Happy first of september everyone! It is so cool out this morning, I had to go back inside to change. (I'm a sissy). I have on the "workout" clothes that my husband bought me in hopes that I'd "Work out". Work out clothes are really great for bumming around in, they are so comfy.

My week at school ended well, much better than the beginning. I hope it's a good sign for the year. I'm supposed to be planning lessons right now, since I"m a social butterfly and run my mouth during my planning time.

I think I'll do a unit on cats in honor of Tubby. Tubby...I had such high hopes for her losing some weight when she came to us. I pictured a sleek, trim kitty, happy as a kitten. Unfortunately, Tubby's gotten even fatter, if possible. She really looks like a tadpole when viewed from above. Big brown blob with a skinny little tail.

I found out my 4 year old daughter feeds the cats everytime they give her their begging eyes.

So to tie the kitty lessons in with "journeys", I think I'll do the song about the kitty who went to london to visit the queen. The words are "pussy cat", but I decided a discreet change to Kitty cat would be better. And then we can go into the song about that naughty kitty cat who is fat because she's been sneaking the butter. I'll bring in a few pictures of Tubby. I think I'll make a cat puppet too.

I don't know, is it PC to talk about "fat cats" in school?

Perhaps my husband needs to buy the "work out" clothes for Tubby instead.

5 comments:

Yarnhog September 1, 2007 at 1:08 PM  

I'm enyving your cool weather. It's supposed to be over 100 here this weekend. We've had the air conditioner running for three days straight. Since we generally only use it about three days out of the year, that's a big deal (and will probably double our utility bill).

I wear black yoga pants and a white t-shirt pretty much all day, every day. I keep thinking the power of suggestion will make me more fit...

Olga September 2, 2007 at 8:21 PM  

I know what you mean about the music videos, but they remind me of the best times of my life!!! They are sort of the back ground scene music that goes around in my head. Do you still sing Senior Del Gato? I remember that from Elementary, it was about a fat cat.

...Sarah September 2, 2007 at 11:07 PM  

Not sure about fat cats, but good job changing to kitty cats. Students with the giggles would be very unproductive in class.

Lydee September 3, 2007 at 6:33 AM  

We used to sing about Don Gato in my elem school. Being the emotional child that I was, I cried everytime we sang it!
But I'm over that now...

Haley September 4, 2007 at 2:29 PM  

my husband would never fool himself to thinking that i would work out in my "workout" clothes. he laughs every time i call them "gym pants" because they've never seen the inside of a gym. happy lounging and relaxing.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Hmm, seems somewhat redundant. I'm a mom of 2 lovely ladies. I'm the wife of a triathlete machine. I'm a general music teacher in a public school. I like to take pictures of things, especially things i consider beautiful. I like to share. As long as it isn't food. Enjoy!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP