Tuesday, June 17, 2008

working mom

when I'm at work I'm Mrs Lydee. When I'm at home, I'm Mom. Rarely the two shall meet. Except in the summer. When I'm at a summer camp. That I volunteered for. Without childcare. Cause the girls' preschool director said (insert russian accent), "You are kick-ed from building!" (Curious George, the Movie, anyone?)

Ok, so her summer program is full. and why would she want two little ones taking up places for 3 weeks, when she could have full paying students for the entire summer. Yeah, I understand. Really. When my children have graduated your preschool, I am going to ROAST YOU Woman.

Okay, and back to teaching..with my kids...so i can say, all in one breath, "Circle to the left....circle to the right, Bib!i GET OFF your sister!" (girls are wrestling on floor). Really though, the girls were good, all things considered. Emmy (5 yrs old) after watching me teach a dance, drew this:



what a sweetheart! all of your sins are forgiven, my child.....even the time you decided to paint with red paint on my new beige carpeting....

6 comments:

sophanne June 17, 2008 at 8:12 AM  

That is totally awesome. I'm assuming you're the one with clothes on?

Tammy June 17, 2008 at 10:20 AM  

What a wonderful picture! Good times... just keep thinking that.

Heidi Ho June 18, 2008 at 8:00 PM  

Your girls have been sweet, independant, and better behaved than most of the children I teach in that school. I'm amazed they can hang out and "be" while mommy is teaching.

You are doing a great job and so are your babies! I've loved looking at their "art window" everyday! You are a great mommy. I hope I'm as patient and skilled.

Olga June 18, 2008 at 8:53 PM  

I taught my kids in a art class once- sheeesh. They were NOT the teachers pet.

Mary Kathryn June 18, 2008 at 11:24 PM  

LOVE the artwork. I think it's great that they are at camp with you. I remember when you were STing with Heidi and they (or maybe you just had one at that time) were just babies. You guys really will remember these times forever.

Yarnhog June 20, 2008 at 11:13 PM  

Yep. My own two give me more trouble than a whole class full of second graders. Good luck!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Hmm, seems somewhat redundant. I'm a mom of 2 lovely ladies. I'm the wife of a triathlete machine. I'm a general music teacher in a public school. I like to take pictures of things, especially things i consider beautiful. I like to share. As long as it isn't food. Enjoy!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP