Sunday, February 17, 2008

Star Trek

So, when I met my (future) husband (a decade ago, my b-day still smarts), I gave up my nerdy ways. Yeah, ok, not quite, but I did give up granny underwear, button up shirts, loafers, and my star trek addiction. I loved star trek; I watched all of the original shows as reruns. I watched the new generation when it was still new. I asked for the movies for christmas. I may or may not have had a secret crush on Kirk.

Anyhow, the Star Trek VHS's followed me through many moves, and hubby and I would occasionally indulge in one. Who could not love the Wrath of Khan?

I was still surprised a few weeks ago when hubby found an original star trek on tv and watched it. Whoa. So I suggested we watch again last night. The Trouble with Tribbles episode was on. We watched, and laughed. And I'm hooked, again. And so is he.

I guess, so long as we stay away from granny pants, we'll be ok.

Scotty (after he beamed all the tribbles aboard the Klingon's ship): ...why, Captain, it was no tribble at all.

4 comments:

sophanne February 17, 2008 at 10:18 AM  

I'm keeping my granny panties. Once you hit the bit 40 comfort is key.

Good Yarns February 17, 2008 at 11:50 AM  

I am with you trekking through the universe. My husband even likes them, too....in moderation.

Congratulations on finding it again.

...Sarah February 18, 2008 at 8:14 PM  

I am a next generation girl, but I have a bad memory and could never quote them. I could watch any episode a multitude of times though. In the great Kirk vs Picard debate—Picard, hands down.

Olga February 21, 2008 at 10:59 AM  

Ahhhhh, another Trekkie, How I love my little crew of the Enterprise and all the spin offs. Life is good in the Federation....

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Hmm, seems somewhat redundant. I'm a mom of 2 lovely ladies. I'm the wife of a triathlete machine. I'm a general music teacher in a public school. I like to take pictures of things, especially things i consider beautiful. I like to share. As long as it isn't food. Enjoy!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP