Thursday, February 28, 2008

WHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My darling beloved Mac laptop is down. It's got the sick, the gray screen of death with a funny clicking noise. And my husband thought he was taking today off to watch our youngest daughter (who was sick, but recovered). Not so, he was home to nurse Mac. I despise phone calls, especially to tech support, so I cajoled him into making one. They came to the conclusion that no home remedies would work for my beloved. We must wait for the packing box to come in the mail; the computer needs to go back to get worked on.

In the meanwhile, I get to use The Dinosaur, an ancient computer of questionable stability, and guarenteed wait time. I'm surprised at how large the print on all the websites look on Explorer, compared to Safari. I had made the font on my blog larger, I had trouble viewing it on Safari on my Mac. It's HUGE on Explorer! My husband made some comment about me being old now and needing larger print, whatever.

At least I have a back up for a while, even if it is hit and miss, and takes forever....... At least I can still feed my internet and blog interests (addiction). And I don't need my bifocals (just kidding!).

5 comments:

Olga February 28, 2008 at 8:42 PM  

WHoa there Nelly! You changed your blog! FOr a minute there I thought I done gone off my rocker!

Good Yarns February 28, 2008 at 9:10 PM  

Me too. I thought I'd been connected somewhere else by bloglines. I like the new look.

sophanne February 28, 2008 at 9:21 PM  

oooh So sorry about the mac- dbess is considering giving up Notes A Tempo at which time I'll have to give up this mac at which time we WILL get another! I like the new look too.

Mountain Mama March 1, 2008 at 7:26 AM  

I'm sorry about Mac. Once I was working at school and I accidentally dropped some magnets on my Mac right next to the track pad and got the clicking sound. It had to be sent away- it turns out there is a thing that reads the hard drive that is like the arm of a record player that can get off track really easily and then it has to be put back. That's basically the only trouble I've had though. My next computer purchase will be a Mac.

I hope your Mac gets back soon! :)

Lydee March 1, 2008 at 7:41 AM  

I bet that is what's wrong with my computer, the thingy that reads the hard drive is off! See, now I feel better :-)

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Hmm, seems somewhat redundant. I'm a mom of 2 lovely ladies. I'm the wife of a triathlete machine. I'm a general music teacher in a public school. I like to take pictures of things, especially things i consider beautiful. I like to share. As long as it isn't food. Enjoy!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP