Friday, March 7, 2008

mac is back

My baby is back, but it's not really my computer. They yanked out the hard drive- picture Indiana Jones when the priest yanks out the guy's beating heart- and installed a new one. My husband was like, wow! they sent it back fast! And I said, it's cause they yanked out it's insides and replaced them with new ones. It's not really my computer! Waaaaahhh! 


Pictures- gone
movies- gone
itunes- gone
word for mac (and all my documents)- gone

By now you have guessed that I never took the time to back up my data.......blahhh, waah, boo-hoo-hoo, AUUUGGHHHHH!

I can recoop most of my pics, they're still on my camera, and I can contact itunes to redownload the music and videos I already paid for, but other things I've lost. 

Yeah, okay, I know, I should have know better. Lesson learned. In fact, I should be happy. Every thing was still under warrenty. They even replaced my operating system with Mac OS X Leopard, the newest system. Still, I mourn. Good bye old Mac. I miss you. 


6 comments:

sophanne March 8, 2008 at 6:19 AM  

sucks sucks sucks she said backing up her data immediately

Mountain Mama March 8, 2008 at 7:29 AM  

WOW! That was fast! I'm glad he's back but I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your data. It's happened to me before- twice. The sad thing is I didn't learn from my mistake the first time, and I only learned a little from my mistake the second time. I'm off to back up my data for the first time since November... I just got complacent after a while and stopped thinking about it.

Olga March 10, 2008 at 11:43 AM  

ooo- I need to do that!



yeah. tomorrow.

I'll get right on it.

Patty March 10, 2008 at 5:53 PM  

I feel your pain. And, thanks for the heads up. We need to make a back up too!

...Sarah March 11, 2008 at 1:53 PM  

That is a bummer.

Yarnhog March 12, 2008 at 5:51 PM  

Oh, no!

I think I'll go back up my pictures now.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Hmm, seems somewhat redundant. I'm a mom of 2 lovely ladies. I'm the wife of a triathlete machine. I'm a general music teacher in a public school. I like to take pictures of things, especially things i consider beautiful. I like to share. As long as it isn't food. Enjoy!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP