Sunday, March 16, 2008

Treadmill

I hate to leave the weekend on such a downer (though my last post should be labeled Outrageous!). So I'll post anew:


Hubby has been determined to purchase a treadmill for me. I've wanted to go walking, but it's difficult to go for a walk with 2 little ones at home. Buying a treadmill though has not been high on my list of purchases. Hubby did all the research and came home with one yesterday. Then he built a platform to place it on since it's in the basement with his bike trainer. Now we can spend romantic mornings together working out. Can you think of anything sweeter? (I'm being slightly sarcastic here, for those of you that recall, my hubby throughly enjoys training for triathlon's.) 

Just to please him, I hopped up on it today and did a preprogrammed workout for 15 minutes, and....I'll grudgingly admit that I enjoyed it. I really feel good this evening. I've had lots of energy and didn't take my usual weekend nap 'cause I didn't feel tired and lethargic. Hmmm, maybe there is something to this. 

'Course, I have been spazzing out trying to get ready for my 1st student teacher ever. She starts tomorrow. As I was typing up some guidelines this afternoon, I was thinking back to my student teaching and remembering how nervous I was. I didn't think I had what it takes. I ended up enjoying my general music placement so well I decide to stick with music education. I really enjoy my job (in spite of Outrageous! LOL!). Now, here I am in the postition of placement teacher and wondering once again, Do I have what it takes? 

I hope the treadmill won't alway cause such deep self reflection..


3 comments:

Mountain Mama March 16, 2008 at 7:39 PM  

Good luck tomorrow! I'm sure you'll be GREAT, if your mlaosa presentation was any indication.

Heidi Ho March 16, 2008 at 8:50 PM  

Dearest Lydee,

I am absolutely positive you will be fantastic. I take pride in being your own personal cheerleader since those moments of student teaching nervousness! : ) You were great then, and you've only grown and prospered since! Just remember what you liked about student teaching and try to make that happen for your student. Keep your smiling, creative self at the forefront! And if nothing else, it's fun to have someone else to laugh with throughout your day!

sophanne March 16, 2008 at 9:18 PM  

all will be well

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Hmm, seems somewhat redundant. I'm a mom of 2 lovely ladies. I'm the wife of a triathlete machine. I'm a general music teacher in a public school. I like to take pictures of things, especially things i consider beautiful. I like to share. As long as it isn't food. Enjoy!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP