Thursday, March 27, 2008

rain and fog

It's rainy and foggy out today. I love it when its foggy at our house. We can see for a distance, so I can watch the fog roll in and enclose the house. It feels like we are in a different place. And if it's a rolling patchy fog, I can watch it drift and float through valleys. 

Fog always brings on a mysterious air, don't you agree? There was a short story we read in a reader in school about fog. The best I can remember is a child walking down the street in the fog and perhaps playing in the remains of an old house, and there was a buggy or a carriage? I cannot remember what it was called. The story captivated me, because the world really can be a different place in the fog. It can be anything we imagine. How fun!

Here's to a mysterious day of fog, rain, baking bread and simmering soup.

6 comments:

Anonymous March 27, 2008 at 10:39 AM  

Sounds like a good bread-baking day.

sophanne March 27, 2008 at 3:32 PM  

simmering soup and bread- that's what's missing!

Heidi Ho March 27, 2008 at 5:00 PM  

Once Jennifer and I were up at Cooper's Rock. I don't remember why, but we were distracted. When we turned and looked over the "overlook"...it was amazing. The fog/storm was rolling in and it looked like a giant ghost ship. It was the most amazing weather sighting I've ever had! Here's to the fog!!!!! Just think, if ya would have been in school, there would be no fog watching or soup/bread making. We are lucky to be teachers once in a while!

Jennifer March 27, 2008 at 8:11 PM  

One misty, moisty morning
when cloudy was the weather,
I chanced to meet an old man
clothed all in leather.
He began to compliment
and I began to grin,
"How do you do and how do you do
and how do you do again?"

I might be teaching this one next week. I usually like it for fall but since I was on maternity leave, I can teach this one now!

Jennifer March 27, 2008 at 8:12 PM  

BTW, Heidi, I remember that ghost ship fog too. Way cool and scary. I think we were so afraid, we ran to the car!

Olga March 28, 2008 at 10:34 AM  

I like fog but I always think about Jack the Ripper wondering around in the London fog killing *shudder* anyway..have a nice day!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Hmm, seems somewhat redundant. I'm a mom of 2 lovely ladies. I'm the wife of a triathlete machine. I'm a general music teacher in a public school. I like to take pictures of things, especially things i consider beautiful. I like to share. As long as it isn't food. Enjoy!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP