Tuesday, March 25, 2008

My week off

My kids are already bored. Emmy said, "today is a sad day for me." She misses her preschool. 


We played "Sorry" yesterday: Oldest was mad she didn't win, youngest was happy just 'cause we let her play, and I was trying to keep the peace between them by saying, "Don't use your sorry card on your sister; use it on Mommy instead." And somehow mommy ended up winning. That'll teach me for trying to mess with the forces of good and evil.

I've been walking on the treadmill for 15 minutes every day for a week now. I don't mind it. 

I attacked my mountain of laundry. I vacuumed. 

I read gardening magazines and am psyched to go outside and create new flower beds. We'll see if the weather warms up.  Woo Hoo!

5 comments:

Anonymous March 25, 2008 at 8:56 AM  

Enjoy your time off! I hope you get nice weather. Is Emmy going to K next year?

Jennifer March 25, 2008 at 8:56 AM  

Even when just Danny and I play games like CandyLand or Chutes and Ladders, I am faced with the dilemma of whether or not to let him win. And even when I decide to just play the right way and inevitably win, I start prepping him for defeat by making losing seem ok. When, in reality, I hate to lose and know how he feels. He's extremely competitive and his losing at games usually ends up in a tantrum. The games are in a locked closet...only brought out on good attitude days.

Lydee March 25, 2008 at 9:15 AM  

Emmy starts K this fall, unbelievable!

The games are brought out on good attitude days! LOL! That is too funny!

sophanne March 25, 2008 at 11:21 AM  

"today is a sad day for me."

I say that on the days I have to GO to school!

Yarnhog March 25, 2008 at 7:32 PM  

In my experience, learning to lose convincingly is one of the great accomplishments of parenthood.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Hmm, seems somewhat redundant. I'm a mom of 2 lovely ladies. I'm the wife of a triathlete machine. I'm a general music teacher in a public school. I like to take pictures of things, especially things i consider beautiful. I like to share. As long as it isn't food. Enjoy!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP