Monday, July 13, 2009

The Best Easiest Chocolate Chips Cookies Ever

I have developed an elaborate chocolate chip cookie recipe that is one of the best I've ever tasted. That recipe, unfortunately, has not seen the light of day since I went back to work full time. (perhaps I'll share it with you sometime.)

This recipe has come to take its place, and while it's not the Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe Ever, it's probably the easiest. And it's a darn good substitute. My family (husband) has grudgingly learned to accept them. At least, I think so because the cookies never last for longer than 24 hours at our house.

You start with one kid (because they're never far when I start banging bowls around in the kitchen, always hoping for a nibble of something sweet), one bowl, one oven heated to 350 degrees F, one greased 9x13 cake pan, and one box of cake mix (any kind of your choosing). Yeah, you've heard of this recipe before (cake mix cookies, cake cookies, etc...). Well, we love it.

Here's the official recipe as I received it from a friend of mine:

Cake Chocolate Chip Cookies (or the easiest chocolate chip cookies ever)

1 box of cake mix
1 C (or 1/2 bag) of chocolate chips (semi-sweet or milk)
1/2 C. oil (i use canola)
2 to 3 Tablespoons of water

Mix together and pat into a greased 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 18-20 minutes (it always takes mine longer in my propane fired oven, about 20-25 min).

cookie dough patted into a greased cake pan

Divide and conquer when cool.


baked cookies, ready to be cut!

This recipe also makes a wonderful cookie cake for birthdays. I would post a picture, but i'm afraid it might end up on cake wrecks, lol! A baker, I am. A decorator, I am not!!! The cookie cake was such a great alternative because none of us like regular cakes. I always end up throwing out leftovers. I'm sure you could divide it between two 9" round cake pans, or one of those lovely heart shaped cookie cake pans, or whatever you put your mind to.

These cookies are fabulous with ice cream. Once we used a chocolate cake box. Oh! heaven! Like brownies, mmmm.

My friend who passed on this recipe, forwent the chocolate chips and made it with a white cake mix. It was like shortbread. She served it with strawberries and whipped cream. Delicious!

Have fun with this recipe, and if you make it, let me know what adaptations you made!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Hmm, seems somewhat redundant. I'm a mom of 2 lovely ladies. I'm the wife of a triathlete machine. I'm a general music teacher in a public school. I like to take pictures of things, especially things i consider beautiful. I like to share. As long as it isn't food. Enjoy!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP