Friday, July 31, 2009

What I've Learned From Blogging

SO I thought it would be a brilliant idea to add, like, 60(??) new blogs to my google reader, why, I don't know, just thought it would be great to read all of the blogluxe winners, and then I added a few more I found by accident, simply to balance things and then I didn't touch a real book all week, and my husband complained that he never sees me anymore and actually he was right because i did stay up until 1:00 reading blogs and I still have yet to reach the end of the internet.

Anyhow, I have accumulated a vast amount of knowledge, and being the generous person that I am, I am willing to share my wealth of knowledge with you, my faithful readers. But don't share this with anyone else, cause, you know, this is privileged information, being such earth shattering stuff and all that.

10 Things I've Learned From Blogging (Just this Week)


I learned how to make a link open in another window. Go ahead, try it. Cool, huh!

I learned how to blur the background of a picture.

I learned that I need a new camera if i'm going to enter pictures in photo contests, preferably an expensive one. That way i can say smugly and with confidence in my amateur self, "oh this picture was taken with my old camera, the point and shoot."

I learned that I can use an old sheet for quilt batting.
And sew, I did.

I made a weekly dinner plan and stuck with it.

And now I'm going to tick some people off. I come to the conclusion that there is such a thing as too much modesty. My modest friends, you need to give men more credit than what you do. Men have self control and they can and do use it. Your Religious Male Leaders' insistence that women dress "modestly" is ridiculous. Perhaps it reflects upon themselves: that they're all horny toads and choose to not exercise self control?? They need to be responsible for their own d@m thoughts. [Totally my opinion, and really, what do I know???] And for pete's sake, an oversized* hat and a sleeveless shirt/pants combo is not going to be featured on the next playboy. (I'm not making this up, I swear.) Although, if you could please make men stop wearing those saggy arse pants, the world would kiss your feet.
*unless of course, you ditched the the pants/shirt and the oversized hat is somewhere else other than on your head.


And then there's the other side of the spectrum. I learned that some men shave their testicles to make their penises look bigger.

And I learned that some men bleach their scrotums. See, I'm all about balance here. [And I wouldn't recommend doing either, but then again, what do I know?]

Cats have anal glands that sometimes need to be expressed. Gives new meaning to "what an anal expression", kind of like my rant above.

And I learned that some women have heartbreaking life stories here, and here and they still find the strength to do what needs to be done. God Bless them and their families.

If you have time, please click on some of my links and share in the joy and laughs that I had this past week.

10 comments:

sophanne August 1, 2009 at 2:43 AM  

Would it be tmi to say that while I've never SEEN male parts shaved, I know someone who does that? Great post- I'm off to click some links.

Lydee August 1, 2009 at 9:20 AM  

lol! "they are among us!"

Haley August 1, 2009 at 10:21 AM  

cool post. i'm off to click around.

Tammy August 1, 2009 at 11:21 AM  

Certainly brings up some excellent topics for discussion. And to think I was bothered by the new commercial which shows a man shaving his chest. LOL.

Lola August 1, 2009 at 6:16 PM  

I saw your comment on Is This Modest and followed it here, and I just want to say that I totally agree with you! I forget how I came across that site originally, but I've been following it for a while now and occasionally comment - I also give all the "is this modest?" photos a 5-star rating ;o)

Mary Kathryn August 1, 2009 at 10:20 PM  

THANKS for your generosity!!! I am in love with the "link in a new window" help, among others. My husband complains about my blogging time too, btw. Sometimes the real paper books have just gotta wait.

Jennifer August 2, 2009 at 3:50 PM  

You're hilarious. I have no idea what you mean about blogging too long...holy crap, is it 4:00 already?

Aunt Becky August 3, 2009 at 12:47 PM  

I have NEVER heard of someone bleaching his scrote, but I am a better person for knowing it. Thank you.

Lydee August 3, 2009 at 3:53 PM  

lol, no prob. always glad to share.

Rambling Rachel August 4, 2009 at 6:55 AM  

Just this past week I was feeling stressed because THERE ARE SO MANY BLOGS TO READ. And then I realized that if there were 1400 bloggers at BlogHer and many of us stayed home--reading all the blogs in the world is impossible.

Ah, rest.

It is interesting what you can learn online, isn't it?

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Hmm, seems somewhat redundant. I'm a mom of 2 lovely ladies. I'm the wife of a triathlete machine. I'm a general music teacher in a public school. I like to take pictures of things, especially things i consider beautiful. I like to share. As long as it isn't food. Enjoy!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP