Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Hello Out There!

Guess it's high time i posted. I finally feel like myself again (after a month off of work). This past semester was very stressful. The kids were great. I couldn't have asked for better students. Some of the coworkers were less than great. Needless to say, i love my summers off.

I had been nominated for two teaching awards. They required a lot of effort for very little results. At least, the one reward let me know i didn't win. The other just left me hanging. I finally figured out, hmmmm, don't think i won that one. But, hey, I did it and can say, been there, done that, brought the crappy tourist tee shirt back.

Oh wait, I didn't even get that.

But I'm not bitter.

lol.

At least I had good experiences with both of my student teachers. They were very capable and both are gainfully employed now. One of them is even going to get her first level in Orff Schulwerk (an approach to teaching music, the approach I use). Ah, it does one's heart good, after that harrowing semester, with the awards I didn't win, and the butt headed teachers I work with.

But, I'm not bitter.

At the end of the school year, we had to attend various meetings, one of which focused on the power of positive thinking. We then were handed a sheet with the names of all of the school staff on it. We had to write one positive attribute beside each person's name. One of my collegues, who gossips about everybody, moaned the entire time.

I. was. ready. to. strangle. her.

But, I'm not bitter.

I love me some time off.

up next, beach pics. We had a great time at the beach, and i had fun taking pics. good to be back :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous July 7, 2009 at 1:54 PM  

Congrats on being nominated for the awards! It is an honor just to be nominated, really!

Sometimes when you work in such a caustic environment, you NEED the summer off to recouporate (sp?)! I speak from experience! Glad you are getting some R&R.

Lydee July 8, 2009 at 6:51 AM  

thanks, i'm loving my R&R :-)

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Hmm, seems somewhat redundant. I'm a mom of 2 lovely ladies. I'm the wife of a triathlete machine. I'm a general music teacher in a public school. I like to take pictures of things, especially things i consider beautiful. I like to share. As long as it isn't food. Enjoy!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP