Friday, July 24, 2009

The Fruits of my Labors


Sorry, it's been too long! Want a sneak peek at what's been keeping me away?







Life and love.



And gardens.




And questions like, what am I gonna do with all that kale? It's taking over the garden.



And, why isn't my cosmos blooming? (According to the internet, it's because my soil is too rich. Phooey. It's just full of sheep poop.) And why can i still smell basil? I weeded it 4 hours ago!

Flowers from my flower bed, flanked on either side with lettuce and kale from our vegatable garden.


We worked hard in our yard this past Spring building new beds and a new raised garden. It's so nice to sit back and enjoy the results.






Well, I'm enjoying the kale anyway, not sure about anyone else, lol!

5 comments:

sophanne July 24, 2009 at 6:15 PM  

That is gorgeous.

nurmisur July 24, 2009 at 10:17 PM  

The flowers are gorgeous.Glad you're enjoying love and live :)

Anonymous July 25, 2009 at 1:00 AM  

Beautiful photos!

Mary Kathryn July 25, 2009 at 1:48 PM  

Gorgeous flowers and what a knack for photography. You've also shed a new light on kale for me... my only other experience with it was as a waitress when we had to keep reusing it to dress-up the salad bar. We kept the same kale in the fridge for like 2 weeks.

Lydee July 25, 2009 at 3:02 PM  

thanks, i love the macro setting on my camera.
ugh, kale on the rocks for 2 weeks, ugh.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Hmm, seems somewhat redundant. I'm a mom of 2 lovely ladies. I'm the wife of a triathlete machine. I'm a general music teacher in a public school. I like to take pictures of things, especially things i consider beautiful. I like to share. As long as it isn't food. Enjoy!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP