Saturday, August 15, 2009

friday foto shoot

Man, i've got issues. can you help me? i have a photo fetish. i like taking pictures. of myself. my mac says...beep beep beep, flash!

For real though, I actually was super excited that after mumble mumble years, i figured out how to fix my hair smooth curly. i could fix it curly before, but the front never looked right. and i used gel. lots. yuck.

so, here's my tip, disguised in voyeurism cause i've got issues:

finger twist the wave! doh!

i used leave in conditioner, finger twisted 3-5 strands around my face and dabbed/secured just those pieces with gel. i also used the tiniest bit of gel on the ends of my hair. i used the diffuser on my blowdryer until it was mostly dry and presto!

when it's dry, scrunch a little with your hands to fluff it.

i'm letting my hair grow out so i can enjoy my curls.

Photobucket

My mother in law gave me this cup. We'll call the girl on the cup my "before" photo.

Photobucket

My piano. it's out of tune. it's so bad, i'm too ashamed to have someone tune it. and they'd say, "and you teach what??" i'll tell them i'm an art teacher...

Photobucket

My Mona Lisa Look. Divine Infinite Patience. I'm practicing for this school year.

Photobucket

Divine Infinite Patience II (notice the kids)

Photobucket

yeah...

Photobucket

I think we need a change of pace...

Photobucket

My best Renee Zwelliger* expression.
*(or however you spell it...)

Photobucket

Actually the first photo i took. see how my hair's a bit "crunchier". (and see how there's more of it prior to pulling it out...)



Really, where would i be without my faithful audience. Hello? Hello??
.....
I'm all alone, just me, myself, and my pictures...

But, wait! There's more!
yeah, ok. maybe next time...
i do have more pictures. no, seriously. i do.

5 comments:

Heidi Ho August 15, 2009 at 6:02 PM  

you crack me up Carol..BTW...I've been attempting to "embrace" my curls. I'll try the finger curling thing..I have frizz attacks no matter what I do...either crunchy from gel or wirey from lack there of.

Great hair, my dear!!

nurmisur August 15, 2009 at 11:18 PM  

Hi,
Just LOVE your new template!
And your pictures are wonderful.
My hair is as flat as flat can be but I have tried a curling iron from time to time.
I think you will look great with your hair a bit longer.

sophanne August 16, 2009 at 10:04 PM  

Fun fun fun!!!!!! Especially the before and afters.

Love August 18, 2009 at 1:41 AM  

i wish i could get curls like that....have always wanted them and they just won't stay in. those are perfect! =)

Rebecca August 18, 2009 at 4:31 PM  

I love that kind of hair! :)

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Hmm, seems somewhat redundant. I'm a mom of 2 lovely ladies. I'm the wife of a triathlete machine. I'm a general music teacher in a public school. I like to take pictures of things, especially things i consider beautiful. I like to share. As long as it isn't food. Enjoy!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP