Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Country Roads Take Me Home...

...or to work.

Photobucket

I love living on a road where everyone waves as you drive by on your way to work. It's one of the first things i learned when i moved to this part of North Central WV. I recently visited my hometown. We'll call hometown "Unnamed In Southwestern PA". Out of habit I started waving at people as i drove by. After a number of weird looks, I duct taped my hand to the steering wheel to make it stay down. I guess people up there didn't realize the whole hand could raise up. They're just used to using the one digit.

Back to work. This was me...

Photobucket

Not anymore.

5 comments:

Heidi Ho August 25, 2009 at 9:43 PM  

I'm back to work with ya, sista....It's hard. Beautiful picture!

nurmisur August 26, 2009 at 9:31 AM  

Hope work is treating you kindly ;)

Gina August 27, 2009 at 8:59 PM  

I love the roads down by you (and the song that accompanies them...but we won't mention that). Hope all is going well. I go back next week, but the kids come on the 8th.

Lydee August 28, 2009 at 7:03 AM  

thanks for the good thoughts everybody. it's going well.

Aunt Becky August 29, 2009 at 11:08 PM  

That is just awesome. Despite living in a city, I love the country.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Hmm, seems somewhat redundant. I'm a mom of 2 lovely ladies. I'm the wife of a triathlete machine. I'm a general music teacher in a public school. I like to take pictures of things, especially things i consider beautiful. I like to share. As long as it isn't food. Enjoy!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP