Thursday, August 13, 2009

how to add the d@m comment form back to my new template

Apologies to anyone who tried to comment on my blog yesterday. The new template i was so proud of did not include that nifty comment form in it's html. Oh, it would go to the pop up box, or the comments on the second page, but i had fallen in love with the "comment form", and i had to have the "comment form", i needed the comment form on my blog, dagnabit!

So I stumbled on the tutorial here and unfortunately got sucked into scanning html code at bedtime. surely prison cannot be worse than reading html code when you are tired. I should have waited till this morning, but i'm stubborn. and stupid. and i missed out snuggling with my littlest one who asked mom are you ok?? and i said yes, i had told her i was just going to shut the computer off....sucked in.

Anyway I figured it out. this morning. after i got the bright idea to use my find button (in "edit" in Foxfire) to highlight "comment" and finally found the illusive code. in under 10 minutes. i'm the next einstein.

So, if you are as frustrated as i and switched templates only to find that you lost your "comment form", HERE is the tutorial for adding it back in. Works for just about any template in blogger. (at least, that's what the guy says).

Picture of my screen, the html in pink is what i was looking for... (click on to see, life is not working for me today)


The Html in green is the code i had to add in. I copied and pasted from the tutorial page.





And make sure you hit save, not preview. Preview didn't show my comment form. Well, save didn't either, but at least i could get on my site for real and check it out. and it worked!

Have fun and good luck!

4 comments:

Lydee August 13, 2009 at 10:08 AM  

woo hoo! here's my comment form. if you have a regular blogger template and want this comment form, just go into comments in your setting and select "embedded below post". and save. :-)

Lydee August 13, 2009 at 10:09 AM  

now if only i could find my edit pencil. i know it's in the html. i read it last night. at 12:30.

kellis November 10, 2010 at 5:16 AM  

thank you it is good material to read this post increases my knowledge

nandoo November 10, 2010 at 5:18 AM  

this is wonderful post that fills all requirement of article

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Hmm, seems somewhat redundant. I'm a mom of 2 lovely ladies. I'm the wife of a triathlete machine. I'm a general music teacher in a public school. I like to take pictures of things, especially things i consider beautiful. I like to share. As long as it isn't food. Enjoy!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP