Friday, August 7, 2009

I Heart Faces: Fix It Friday

Photobucket

This picture is just so sweet. And Oh! How I want a nicer camera. But that's neither here nor there.

This is the first Fix It Friday I participated in, and I had a lot of fun! I felt braver editing photos that were not "my own", so to speak. Some of my edits were just for fun, just to see if I "can". And I did.

My editing, ummm, ok, so i don't own photoshop, right? and i have a mac, and some rinky dink arcsoft photoediting program from some unknown source that i'm pretty sure is at least 5 years old, yeesh. So I did a little editing with my basic iphoto program, did a little with old rinky dink program (and layers, i learned how to work with layers, thanks I heart faces), and here you go.

This is the original, what a beautiful, soft picture!

Photobucket

This is a basic edit that I usually do to all my photos in iphoto. I adjust the saturation and the exposure in order to make it "pop".

Photobucket

I blurred the edges with an effect from iphoto.

Photobucket

This was fun. I did this all in iphoto. I ran the antique effect a couple of times, adjusted the color temperature slider to cool as far as it would go, and used the matte effect.

Photobucket


In Arcsoft, I used the whirlpool effect in layers and made the layers more transparent. And then I darken the edges and cropped the picture using my elliptical shape tool.
Photobucket


In arcsoft I used the "splash effect in layers, went back through and erased the effect from the boy, used my elliptical shape tool and inverse the selection to darken the outer parts of the picture. I had to use my smudge tool to soften the edges because my program is antiquated and doesn't have a feather selection.
Photobucket

Same sort of thing. In my second layer I used the elliptical tool and inverse to desaturate the picture except over the boy. I smudged to soften the edges and used my eraser to add color back to specific areas. I also used my elliptical tool and inverse to darken the edges.
Photobucket

I had so much fun and learned some new tricks through experimenting, thanks I Heart Faces!



(Click on the link above to see more fabulous fixes)

After looking at many of other "fixes" posted by other people, I wanted to add another edit to show what I learned. Many thanks to A Moose, A Bear and A Ladybug for giving good directions on this particular edit.

Photobucket

6 comments:

Frogmum August 7, 2009 at 7:31 PM  

Looks like you had great fun with this and I think your final edit is stunning! Well done - really lovely :D

Joanie August 7, 2009 at 9:10 PM  

The first edit with the adjustments is absolutely perfect.

squeeekphoto August 7, 2009 at 9:30 PM  

Thanks for popping by my "newbie" blog. Love all the versions you did and the last is my fave.
Isn't this stuff so fun?!

Unknown August 7, 2009 at 10:21 PM  

Great edits. I like the antiqued.

Mozer August 9, 2009 at 12:13 AM  

It is fun to experiment isn't it? I like the last one you did. Glad you joined in this week :)

nurmisur August 9, 2009 at 9:11 AM  

The baby is just so cute!
You're having fun experimenting :)

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Hmm, seems somewhat redundant. I'm a mom of 2 lovely ladies. I'm the wife of a triathlete machine. I'm a general music teacher in a public school. I like to take pictures of things, especially things i consider beautiful. I like to share. As long as it isn't food. Enjoy!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP