Friday, July 6, 2007

Friday, woo hoo!

I don't have much to talk about, and I have a lot to talk about, it's just not all on the same subject.

Sewing: Bibi and Emmy now have matching outfits. Now it's time to start on me again. I want to make pants, but I'm scared to start. Slapdash sewing does not use tissue paper patterns, it just draws right on the fabric. I use disappearing marker. I bought a tissue paper pattern this week and promptly freaked out. No wonder more people don't sew!

"I see lots of pinning and tracing in your future."

Don't think sew! (Ha! Ha! couldn't resist the pun). I'd rather draw shapes on my fabric.

I visited the den of evil yesterday, the goodwill auction site. This is the site that introduced me face to face with "compulsive shopper". She'd always been there, but I hadn't formally met her. This site is more cumbersome to navigate, but it's incredibly easy to bid and win. It's not as busy as ebay, and if you're ebay savy, you can beat the novices bidding on the goodwill site. Umm, from the tone of my writing, I guess you can tell "compulsive shopper" likes ebay too.

And so, I came away with a picture. Compulsive shopper (I need to give her a name) says it was a great deal too. I told her to shut up. Where am I going to hang a 36" by 24" beach oil painting? I wanted one for my bathroom, but maybe not quite that big. It's the art section that gets me every time. The kids toys, books and movies call me as well.

In all fairness, I did find some really good stuff on there. I just need to keep myself in check.

5 comments:

sophanne July 6, 2007 at 8:38 AM  

I'll work on a name for compulsive shopper- you'll never believe this, but a secret about Holtsclaw at the kleeb's is that somehow he has the skills of a tailor and can slapdash sew like crazy. I've seen it in action. don't say you heard it from.

sophanne July 6, 2007 at 8:39 AM  

me.

Lydee July 6, 2007 at 8:43 AM  

What?!! Amazing stuff!

Olga July 6, 2007 at 9:49 AM  

Wow, I do make the rounds of the thrift stores here but I didn't know you could do it on line!Sometime a little knowledge is bad,bad bad.

...Sarah July 6, 2007 at 11:12 PM  

I may have to check that out. Happy shopping.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Hmm, seems somewhat redundant. I'm a mom of 2 lovely ladies. I'm the wife of a triathlete machine. I'm a general music teacher in a public school. I like to take pictures of things, especially things i consider beautiful. I like to share. As long as it isn't food. Enjoy!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP