Thursday, July 12, 2007

Thursday, thursday


Hubby ran in a 5K last night. We went with him; it was out of town. He placed second in his age group. He didn't beat his time though because the course was quite hilly.

This cracked me up: all of the contestants recieved, along with a free tee shirt, a beer mug and the offer of free beer if they take it to the local sports bar after the race! So all the runners are going to go drink beer and eat pizza after the race!

On the sewing front, I finished my first pair of pants, painstakely hemmed them, and then washed the woven cotten/linen material. yeah, okay, so I'm not the brightest bulb on the planet (the pants shrunk and ended above my ankles). I think I have enough hem to let it out and redo. But I was so disgusted, I took a nap instead.

The pic above are the pants before the wash. They are baggy, so in all fairness, they do fit better now. (My hair's a mess, I should have cut my head off of that one.) It's another slapdash sewing book project. Who would have thought? That book was copywritten in the 70's! Onto more skirts today after I fix the !@##%&^(*@! hem.

3 comments:

Anonymous July 12, 2007 at 9:36 AM  

The pants are really cute!! Bummer about the shrinking though.

Lydee July 12, 2007 at 10:06 AM  

Well, I just fixed the hem, luckily I had enough to lower it. I'm just not very good at hemming. The pants do fit better now though after the wash. Thanks! :)

...Sarah July 15, 2007 at 10:57 PM  

I think they look great. Well done. Yeah, pizza and beer is definitely a diet for watching sports, not participating in sports. Of course I really just exercise so I can eat more pizza.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Hmm, seems somewhat redundant. I'm a mom of 2 lovely ladies. I'm the wife of a triathlete machine. I'm a general music teacher in a public school. I like to take pictures of things, especially things i consider beautiful. I like to share. As long as it isn't food. Enjoy!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP