Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Is it going to storm? It looks dark out this morning. Wait, it's only 6:30 am...

Oh, the joys of summer and sleeping in. I'm up at 5:30 when I'm teaching.

I was going to sit in the "man chair" and blog, but decided to sit on my porch instead. My husband built a lovely covered porch that I should use more often than I do.

I love the morning sounds: the birds singing, the turkey gobbling, the tractor putt-putting up our hill to make hay in the field behind our house; and the stupid cows mooing...I swear, every morning that I come out here to enjoy the sounds of nature, those stupid cows start their thing. The farmer must feed them at 7 am. I can't see them, but their beautiful sounds carry. Oh great, now there's a whole chorus of them.

You know, as a music teacher that would make a funny analogy: YOU ALL SOUND LIKE A BUNCH OF COWS AT FEEDING TIME! Since I work in a semi-rural school, they'll know what I mean!

Sorry, I haven't had enough coffee to be nice yet...I'm a city raised girl who insists on living in the country. That could take an entire post, but at this point in the morning I would be quite snarky about it, so we'll leave it be. One advantage though is that I can walk on my porch naked and no one will see me...except the farmer putt-putting up the hill on his tractor. Excuse me, I have to go put a shirt on...

So on the project front: The long-awaited sewing maching arrived at last this past Friday. LOVE IT! (add in the Dragon Tails character singing that phrase and you'll know how I hear LOVE IT in my head) It's great, I've made 2 skirts and 4 shirts to date, all from the slapdash sewing book. Can I wear everything I've made? No.

Well, in fairness, a shirt and skirt are for my daughter, and the skirt turned out well. The shirt/halter top? It doesn't cover enough, and that's on my 4 year old daughter. Same with mine. Slap Dash sewing must assume one has the body proportions of a 12 year old.

However the second skirt and modified halter top I designed myself (taking my body proportions into account), with a generous amount of elastic turned out great!

Am I supposed to show my head? I see all these pictures with no head, but a full lenght pic would look funny without a head.

The fabric I used was very forgiving, and so is elastic. Did I mention the liberal use of elastic? Hey, my first project I can wear; I'm so proud of myself! Slap dash sewing, here I come!

7 comments:

Olga July 3, 2007 at 8:48 AM  

looks good!I like the color, and its staying up! Gold star for that.;o)

sophanne July 3, 2007 at 11:52 AM  

That will keep the cows a-mooing!

Where will you wear it?

Haley July 3, 2007 at 2:27 PM  

looking good! very impressed with your sewing. can't wait to see what else you'll make.

...Sarah July 3, 2007 at 2:31 PM  

As long as you don't live down-wind, cows are o.k.

That is a great summery looking outfit. It would be a shame not to have a head on that photo. And I don't think it is a requirement of blogging to remain headless in photos.

Lydee July 3, 2007 at 3:24 PM  

I'm thinking of making a shawl to go with it and wearing it to Heidi's wedding? Wonder how dressy it's going to be. Not sure yet...

sophanne July 4, 2007 at 11:37 AM  

That is a perfect go to a wedding outfit- Lakeview Friday night wedding- I'd go for it!

dawn July 12, 2007 at 12:38 PM  

Great job! Hey, elastic works, nothing wrong with that.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Hmm, seems somewhat redundant. I'm a mom of 2 lovely ladies. I'm the wife of a triathlete machine. I'm a general music teacher in a public school. I like to take pictures of things, especially things i consider beautiful. I like to share. As long as it isn't food. Enjoy!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP