Monday, July 16, 2007

Monday Here I Am

350 mi of driving. 7 1/2 hours on my butt. Got lost twice. (And this is my third time up here!) Finally, I am in Rochester, NY. Today is our first day of classes at Eastman.

I think this is such a beautiful area. As usual I stopped in Dunkirk, NY and stretched my legs. There is a park on the beach of Lake Erie. (Pictures below, click on any to enlarge) What is it that I love about this particular spot? I think it's the element of surprise. As a native Pittsburgher, we always joked about Lake Erie being a garbage dump. And then, of course, it's inland. And I'm not accustomed to living along the Great Lakes. So, such beauty from such an unexpected place adds to the pleasure and surprise.



More later...

5 comments:

Olga July 16, 2007 at 10:53 AM  

oooo, nice place! I always look for heart shaped rocks where ever I go, got quite the collection now. Have fun!

...Sarah July 16, 2007 at 2:29 PM  

Great pictures!. The stones are my favourite.

Haley July 16, 2007 at 6:55 PM  

lovely photos. we're also very close to lake erie here in ohio. i guess i should appreciate it more. my sister's husband grew up in wisconsin so he was familiar with the great lakes, but never saw an ocean until he was an adult. at first, he was totally unimpressed with the ocean. but then he went swimming, and was shocked to find it was salty (as he was used to the huge, but freshwater, great lakes.)

Anonymous July 16, 2007 at 9:50 PM  

Lovely pictures. I live on Lake Ontario but my view is not that pretty.

sophanne July 18, 2007 at 3:51 PM  

And then there was the time JC was trying to get to Eastman for Leel I and ended up nearly in Lake Erie as a result of that almost getting lost factor. it's a funny story.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Hmm, seems somewhat redundant. I'm a mom of 2 lovely ladies. I'm the wife of a triathlete machine. I'm a general music teacher in a public school. I like to take pictures of things, especially things i consider beautiful. I like to share. As long as it isn't food. Enjoy!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP