Sunday, July 29, 2007

Here I am, Home again

Home at last, after the grueling 350 mi drive. I only got lost once. I never used to get lost. I must be losing my touch. It's because I insist on taking back roads in NY. Loud Rock Music kept me awake during the drive on I 79 between Erie to the PA Turnpike, the most boring stretch of road I have ever experienced. At least in WV you can look for old log cabins and the beautiful mountains.

The Third thing I did when I got back was take a nice long bath. We'll leave numbers one and two unspoken, only to say that it may have involved the 6 bottles of wine I brought back from NY. I am enjoying a sweet Niagara white wine right now.

It's a big improvement over that Martini I had at our past Thursday night dinner. So I'm uneducated about drinks. And I ordered the first thing that pops into my head, probably too many James Bond movies. I was being quite discreet about it until Gina wanted a sip and made a horrible face. My friends at the table sent it back while I was on the phone to have it remixed with something sweet.

Friday at Eastman we had our final performance, our farewell also. I'd traveled through all three Orff levels with 6 of my classmates, and it was bittersweet. I had waited so long for my Orff Certification, but it was sad knowing that I wouldn't be traveling up to NY to see them again. I can go up to visit, and I will, but what we had was very special. One forms a bond with people that they work closely and intensely with for two weeks. You all are such accomplished teachers, I'm proud to say I'm a collegue with you. I love you all, and I'd better either a. stop blogging at this point, or b. quit drinking that wine.

8 comments:

Yarnhog July 29, 2007 at 6:21 PM  

I was driving home from college one summer and got caught in a terrible storm after leaving Erie. I had to return to Erie and spend the night. The next day, it was still storming, but I couldn't bear to stay, so I drove out. I had to pull off the highway about an hour outside of Erie because it was raining so hard. When I got back on the highway, I was heading the wrong direction. I was shocked to end up back in Erie, where I once again had to spend the night! I thought I was never going to get out of there.

Thanks for the moral support on my moth crisis.

Lydee July 29, 2007 at 6:31 PM  

You're welcome. That is a funny story; you must have been so frustrated and sick of Erie!!!!!

Anonymous July 29, 2007 at 7:30 PM  

For heaven's sakes stop blogging and keep drinking!!!

Haley July 29, 2007 at 8:28 PM  

drink a little of that wine for me! congrats on competting your orff.

sophanne July 29, 2007 at 8:33 PM  

Hey there drink AND blog say I- welcome home.

Nice new cut on MH. I'll be the first to join you on a Rochester revisit. (Plus there's a great yarn store and book store in that Midtown Mall and I could really go for some Dinosaur BBQ)

Gina July 29, 2007 at 8:55 PM  

If you and sophanne come to Rochester, she should bring her recorder. :-)

Lydee July 30, 2007 at 8:04 AM  

You all are great! And hilarious! I'll drink a glass for you all, thanks!

...Sarah July 30, 2007 at 3:20 PM  

I say, cheers!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Hmm, seems somewhat redundant. I'm a mom of 2 lovely ladies. I'm the wife of a triathlete machine. I'm a general music teacher in a public school. I like to take pictures of things, especially things i consider beautiful. I like to share. As long as it isn't food. Enjoy!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP