Monday, July 30, 2007

Transitions

Does anyone else have trouble with transitions? I thought I was doing well and commented on it in an email to Gina. Here's an excerpt from my email to her of my lastest fiasco:

(This refers to the musical group Celtic Woman)
.....Reading the bios of the singers was a very humbling experience for me. So much for my dreams of being a celtic woman. Either that, or I'm going to have to start performing a lot more, because I'd have a lot of catching up to do. Can we say auditions?! Ooo, that's a bad word in my vocabulary.

I spoke too soon; Hubbie and I argued last night. I was upset over the mess (which made it hard to find things and put away), and knew I was tired, so I should have went to bed. But I had to pop off one comment about never having to deal with as big of a mess at gina's (even with dishes and all). Quit your laughing! In hindsight, it is sort of funny.

I went to bed and calmed down, but Hubbie started slamming things around putting them away, for an hour (it was a big mess), so I couldn't go to sleep knowing he was upset. And so on it went until we started yelling at eachother.

But that really wasn't a transition arguement, that could have happened at any point in time. I was upset though because I was trying hard to ease back into reality as painlessly as possible.

I was having a hard time because I left the house clean, but came home and couldn't turn around without 10 things on every flat surface screaming at me to put them away.

Actually if that confrontation hadn't happened last night, it would have happened today, because my parents just called and they're coming down for a surprise visit. I would have been flipping out trying to clean that mess up.

Hubbie left a very nice apology letter on my computer, and I'm sorry as well, so things will be ironed out. Sometimes though, I just wish I had my own mess to clean up....

So began my trip back to real life, but hey, things are looking up!



Gina and I (and bass recorder). Notice I don't have the "big sister stranglehold" around her. Guess my little brother and I are too far apart in age for me to have aquired it.

Thought this pic of my daughters is a funny comparison to the one above.

5 comments:

Anonymous July 30, 2007 at 11:42 AM  

I get pretty down sometimes b/c I feel that I am the leader of the house. If I don't clean up no one will clean up. Most days I can deal with it but sometimes I want to run for the hills (or spa) screaming.

Yarnhog July 30, 2007 at 12:33 PM  

Oh, I'm so with you. Sometimes I feel like a really, really overeducated maid. I'm sort of a neat freak, and with a husband, two sons, and two big dogs running around, I have to work really hard to keep things even close to my standards. It drives me absolutely nuts when I leave everything sparkling clean and come home (usually an hour later) to a disaster area. Many an argument has been sparked by a dirty kitchen.

Lydee July 30, 2007 at 1:29 PM  

Thank you, thank you, I don't feel so bad now.

Olga July 30, 2007 at 9:15 PM  

Yep, I just got back from my little walk-a-bout and the girls room, that we left SPOTLESS, was totally trashed in 5 seconds flat. SHEESH. Clean houses are sooo overrated, says I till I live alone!

Gina July 30, 2007 at 9:36 PM  

The pictures are too funny! Too bad we didn't stage the big sister strangle hold picture a bit better--then it would've been an excellent comparison.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Hmm, seems somewhat redundant. I'm a mom of 2 lovely ladies. I'm the wife of a triathlete machine. I'm a general music teacher in a public school. I like to take pictures of things, especially things i consider beautiful. I like to share. As long as it isn't food. Enjoy!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP