Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Jaws

Cue the music....here comes Jaws.

Yesterday we saw our first live shark at the beach. Luckily none of us were in the water. It was close, right were we would have been, had we been in the water. It was during high tide, and the water has been really warm. We decided it was time to go in and take a nap.

Anyway, we've been the in the water during low tide and have had a lot of fun. I need to take pictures. I hate taking electronics on the the beach, but I'll have to get some pictures. The girls have been making sandcastles and friends, other little girls about their age.

Bibi has had a great time looking for critters on the beach. She's dug for clams, and sand fleas. Yesterday she brought a sand flea to show me and accidently dropped it in my overstuffed beach bag. That created some excitement. Poor thing, he was dazed and comfused by the time we finally got him out.

It's low tide this morning, so we're going to head out.

6 comments:

sophanne August 8, 2007 at 9:26 AM  

mmmm beach... it's been so long since we've been there. I was on a SC (Folly Island) beach 2 summers ago really early in the a.m. Empty beach, eyes closed, sun not at full force, and I heard above the breeze a "clickaclickaclickaclicka" I thought it was a dog collar- turns out it was a crab checking me out. We had a little stick jousting and I got to see him do the bass drum walk and bury himself in the sand. It was really cool. Thanks for your kind comments on my blog-

Anonymous August 8, 2007 at 10:24 AM  

AHHH! I do not like sharks. Not sure I would be brave enough to go back in the water. Well, maybe I do love the ocean.

...Sarah August 8, 2007 at 2:54 PM  

Sounds like everyone is getting on well in spite of roaches. Definitely a bug theme going on though. Maybe you could get the Shark to take care of them? It could be like Alien vs. Predator.

Yarnhog August 8, 2007 at 5:58 PM  

Aaaaaah! I live only a few minutes from the beach, and I scuba dive, and I've seen way to many Shark Week programs to ever want to share the water with one! I'd have gone it, too. (I did once see a shark while diving, but it was a docile nurse shark--a distinction that did not prevent me from bolting to the surface and levitating up the ladder of the boat with all of my gear still on.) Still, it sounds like a great vacation!

Olga August 8, 2007 at 7:40 PM  

So did you kill that dazed and confused vermin???? I always wanted to go to a low tide and root around for stuff.Sound great.

Lydee August 9, 2007 at 9:05 AM  

Frau, we picked up the sand flea and put him back in the water where he belongs. Bibi was so proud that she caught it herself.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Hmm, seems somewhat redundant. I'm a mom of 2 lovely ladies. I'm the wife of a triathlete machine. I'm a general music teacher in a public school. I like to take pictures of things, especially things i consider beautiful. I like to share. As long as it isn't food. Enjoy!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP