Monday, August 13, 2007

Monday, blah

Back home, from the flurry that had been the beach and the 2 weeks in NY, with a week in between...Now I have to put stuff away, thus the "blah". I've been away from home so much I seem to have forgotten where things go.

I start back to work in a week and a half. I don't know how I'm going to handle the change. The nice agreeable Lydee will have to come out of storage, but I think I left her somewhere, because I can't find her right now.

My cats were thrilled when we arrived home the other night. We crashed in bed, but the cats obviously wanted to socialize with us some more. They started off by sleeping with us, which should have been my first warning. In the middle of the night, Princess began attacking my feet under the blankets. So out the door she went. Next Tubby (who almost never plays) started jumping on my feet. Out she went. Princess snuck back in with her squeaky toy. "Squeak! ....Squeak!" Out the door she went again. "THUMP! THUMP! THUMP!" What in the world is that?! I go out to investigate. The cats are playing with the glider/rocker and banging it up against our bedroom wall. I move it. "MEOW!" Hubbie lets Princess in to use the litter box.... And so on it went the entire night.

And then Princess had the nerve to take a nap in front of me the next morning! She was just so worn out!

More pictures later...

3 comments:

Yarnhog August 13, 2007 at 12:47 PM  

Our dogs responded to our return from vacation in much the same way. Together they weigh about 200 pounds, and they decided they had to sleep on top of me, just to be sure I didn't go away without them again.

Bea August 13, 2007 at 2:21 PM  

Thank you for the kind comment on my blog! We are both feeling much better, thank goodness! I loved your cat story, it reminded me of our now departed cat Myshkin, he used to start attacking our feet at night, now my husband's family's cat, Whisper, he would do ..ahem.. inappropriate things to your feet, I won't go into the details here!

Haley August 14, 2007 at 8:25 AM  

my sister has a cat who's notorious for chewing on toes. he is permanently outlowed from the bedroom at night. i don't have any cats, but my dogs love to keep us up at night as they go in and out of the bed and in and out of the covers. yes, my two 40+ lb dogs try to sleep under the covers. it's crazy.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Hmm, seems somewhat redundant. I'm a mom of 2 lovely ladies. I'm the wife of a triathlete machine. I'm a general music teacher in a public school. I like to take pictures of things, especially things i consider beautiful. I like to share. As long as it isn't food. Enjoy!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP