Monday, August 20, 2007

Living in Denial

Living in Denial that I have to go back to work on wednesday. WHERE DID MY SUMMER GO?!!!!!

I'm going to sew like crazy over the next two days, want to make a skirt for myself, and two nighties for my daughters (consolidation for them accompanying me to the fabric store yesterday).

Yes, I went to the fabric store again insearch of silks to make a "magic skirt", a two layer silk wrap around skirt made with contrasting/sorta matching print. Can be labled as beachwear. Have you seen something like it? I bought one, a beautiful full-lenght, at the beach. It's just a half circle skirt with two layers, one shorter than the other, with ties and button holes, so you can wrap it. And I have the crazy idea that I can make one. Unfortunately, I cannot find any beautiful printed silk down here in the backwoods....gripe, gripe, gripe. So will have to order online, yikes! Maybe that will hapen someday after I learn how to knit.

I did find a cotton print I like, so I'll make a fun little skirt to wear back to school. But it's not the same...

5 comments:

Olga August 20, 2007 at 11:18 AM  

Hey! I actually did some sewing this weekend! My daughters saw these skirts that the tops were jeans and then fabric was sewn on it it and I said," Ahhh, we could make that." So they bought fabric and made me make them one. One daughter actually wore her's to the first day of school today. The skirt you are talking about sounds really neat, it sounds simple enough, I betcha you could do it without a pattern.

sophanne August 20, 2007 at 12:47 PM  

Have you ever been to the Joannes at Robinson Township near the airport? A little better than Mo-town but a little bit of a drive for you!

Lydee August 20, 2007 at 2:06 PM  

Ohhh, I've been wanting to make one of those skirts...

I haven't been to that Joannes, but I may make the trip soon.That may be closer to me than Greensburg, which has a joanns also.

Yes, I think I can make the silk skirt without a pattern, it does sound easy.

Yarnhog August 20, 2007 at 2:10 PM  

I am so impressed by those of you who sew. I have a long-standing and well-documented fear of sewing machines. I recently inherited my great-grandmother's 1930's era Montgomery Ward sewing machine, that she, my great-aunt, and my mother all used to make clothes for decades. I feel almost obligated to learn to use it, since I'll be the fourth generation of women in my family to sew with it. But I'm still terrified.

...Sarah August 20, 2007 at 2:36 PM  

Good luck when you go back to work. I hope you get your sewing done before then!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Hmm, seems somewhat redundant. I'm a mom of 2 lovely ladies. I'm the wife of a triathlete machine. I'm a general music teacher in a public school. I like to take pictures of things, especially things i consider beautiful. I like to share. As long as it isn't food. Enjoy!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP