Friday, August 3, 2007

Packing Up Again and Children's Illnesses

Thanks for your comments and encouragement on "In Defense of Hubbie". I have revealed Anonymous's identy in the comment section.

Early tomorrow morning we leave for Oak Island, NC. So that means I'm packing up...again. As you all know from my previous posts, I'm a bit of a procrastinator in the packing department. Bibi's suitcase still isn't unpacked from her stay at Grandma's during my second week in NY. I have half a mind to zip it up and call it done. My older daughter Emmy can pack for herself with a small amount of guidance.

Speaking of my oldest daughter, we have been at each other for the past few days. She's only four but has already discovered the "nobody likes me" phrase. I tell her to go eat worms. She does something to her sister, I reprimand her, she says, "then I won't have ANYBODY to play with." Convinced that it just one of those "alien takeover" phases of her life, we go to visit grandma last night.

The first words out of that child's mouth is, "Grandma, my throat hurts." Well! Why didn't she tell me, her own mother! Sure enough, one look at her throat confirmed that she's sick. Her sister has a red throat too. That explains the "alien takeover". I just wouldn't have expected it in the middle of summer.

And then as we were pulling into the driveway last night, she threw up. She said, " I have to throw up. " Poor Bibi, I yanked her blanket out of her sleeping hands and held it over Emmy's mouth. Bibi woke up, she's crying and trying to get her blankie back, I'm trying to catch the barf in the blankie. Hubbie's trying to hurry up and park, and he's telling me not to let Emmy choke on the barf.....and the barf consisted of the fresh corn she had at Grandma's. Why is it alway corn when this happens?

So we go to the doctor's today. At least this didn't happen while we are down at the beach. Poor little things, I hope they feel better soon. I don't know but this doesn't seem like a good omen.

5 comments:

Yarnhog August 3, 2007 at 11:43 AM  

Oooh...my puke gland watered up just reading about catching...urp...barf in a blankie. Not that I haven't done it myself, of course, but I prefer to block out those memories.

I hope the poor little things feel better soon, and that they don't share the love with you.

Haley August 4, 2007 at 11:22 PM  

sounds like a classic case of strep to me. hope the girls feel better and you have a great time at oak island. i love it there! can't wait to hear about your beach fun. glad you were able to move the week so you could go.

...Sarah August 5, 2007 at 1:45 PM  

Yikes! I feel your pain. Hopefully the girls will feel well soon.

Olga August 5, 2007 at 3:16 PM  

Are you still here or did the sickies claim you too?! May everyone be well in your household!!

Anonymous August 8, 2007 at 10:28 AM  

Oh Bummer! I loathe the alien takeover. It's been happening around here a little more often than I like. My first instinct was ear infection.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Hmm, seems somewhat redundant. I'm a mom of 2 lovely ladies. I'm the wife of a triathlete machine. I'm a general music teacher in a public school. I like to take pictures of things, especially things i consider beautiful. I like to share. As long as it isn't food. Enjoy!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP